Morgan Stanley Pvt Ltd
Regional Lead, Equity Derivatives Trading Operations Change - Vice President
Job Number: 3121719
Posting Date : Nov 6, 2018
Primary Location : Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree
Job : Other
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Level : Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader,
the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
ISGPO Change the Bank
The ISGPO Change the Bank team is a project management and business analysis team responsible for driving and delivering change for ISG Product Operations. The team is responsible for providing process re-engineering leadership to drive improved quality and enhanced efficiency. The team partners with Operations line leadership and Technology to shape product, service and functional strategies and deliver related application solutions. The team also supports key business enablement initiatives as well as client and industry driven product development.
Role Description & Responsibilities
Trading Operations Change the Bank (CTB) within ISGPO is a global team that acts as a center of change and project management excellence for Trading Operations. Trading Ops CTB plans and executes Middle Office projects with significant risk and / or strategy implications in partnership with business units and technology across all of Morgan Stanleys cash and derivatives asset classes.
The Regional Lead Equity Derivatives CTB (ED) help define and implement the global Equity Derivatives technology strategy, and manage the regional change team, and project portfolio. This involves:
- Contributing to the the future state technology vision for the Equity Derivatives Middle Office and translating this into an impactful technology roadmap
- Executing the Middle Office technology roadmap in the form of a regional project portfolio in close collaboration with our technology partners
- Managing a regional team of approx. 10 change professionals (project managers, business analysts, EQ Derivatives subject matter experts), located in London, Mumbai, and Hongkong
Experience and Skills Required
The European Equity Derivatives CTB Lead will be able to fully bring to bear strong Equity Derivatives subject matter expertise, Portfolio and Program Execution skills, and deep People and Stakeholder management acumen:
Equity Derivatives business and products expertise:
- Deep product expertise in Equity Derivatives, ideally from prior run the bank experience in Equity Structured Products, Exos, and/or Vanilla / Flow products
- Deep understanding of front-to-back processes and platforms
Portfolio management expertise:
- Ability to continuously identify and realize value for the business and for Trading Operations in the form of new and enhanced business capabilities, efficiency and scalability gains for the Middle Office and beyond, and enhanced operational risk management and controls
- Experience in defining multi-year initiative roadmap to enhance the platform (automation/technology upgrades) and create robust annual budgets
Program Execution Experience:
- Strong delivery record for a complex project portfolio
- Expertise in managing global programs and projects
- Ability to hold delivery partners in Operations and Technology accountable
Strong People Management skills:
- Record of managing and developing teams of change/project professionals
- Ability to partner effectively with senior stakeholders in the Business, Operations, Technology, and relevant enterprise functions, to execute the EQ Derivatives change agenda
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Job Description Job Level : Associate Description Department Profile The cornerstone of Morgan Stanleys risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent [...]
Job Description Job : Development Employment Type : Full Time Job Level : Associate Description At Morgan Stanley, we advise, originate trade, manage and distribute capital for governmen [...]
Job Description An application developer with strong DB skills and working experience in Big Data technology is needed to work in FRM IT- Market Risk Exposure development team in India. The FRM IT Ma [...]
Job Description Company Profile At Morgan Stanley, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals, and always do so with a standard of exc [...]