Morgan Stanley Pvt Ltd
Associate-Negative News Screening
Job Number: 3118537
Posting Date : Nov 4, 2018
Primary Location : Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA)
Job : Compliance
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Level : Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firms employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity,
excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within the Legal and Compliance Division provide a wide range of services to our internal and external stakeholders. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the Firms invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with a Legal and Compliance framework that meets regulatory requirements. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firms businesses.
Global Financial Crimes (GFC) coordinates day-to-day implementation of the Firms enterprise-wide financial crime prevention efforts. GFC includes several legal and compliance disciplines and has responsibility for governance, oversight and execution of the Firms Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Economic Sanctions, Anti-Corruption and Government and Political Activities Compliance programs. GFC also develops and/or assists in the development of appropriate policies and procedures, including those designed to assist the business units to know their clients and conduct appropriate due diligence and to prevent, detect and report potentially suspicious activity. GFC has dedicated coverage managers and teams of analysts who advise and counsel each business unit regarding its AML, economic sanctions and anti-corruption obligations and its particular clients and transactions.
Background of the Team
As part of Morgan Stanleys ongoing commitment to prevent and detect money laundering and terrorist financing, the Firm has adopted a comprehensive, risk-based program to ensure compliance with counter- terrorism and AML laws, rules, regulations, and government guidance. The AML group focuses on the anti-money laundering obligations associated with the Firms businesses. The group is comprised of two main functions. The first focuses on the enhanced due diligence associated with new clients and accounts. The second monitors and investigates transactions for suspicious activity.
The Negative News Screening Analyst will:
- Review new and existing alerts on Morgan Stanley clients and related parties for potential matches to adverse media and help identify politically exposed persons
- Perform research to confirm whether the negative news alert is a positive match or false positive to the client, or whether the alert is deemed to be not risk-relevant, and document findings
- Assist with compliance with USA PATRIOT Act requirements (e.g., CIP, Foreign Bank Certification, Section 312) relating to certain of the Banks business sectors
- Escalate any possible true hits to the relevant on-shore GFC team.
Candidates must have:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent with strong academic credentials, or additional degree in Law, Risk Management, Business Administration or related disciplines.
- 2 to 5 years of experience within a broker-dealer and/or banking institution in an AML/compliance or internal audit capacity or experience within a financial services regulatory agency.
- Strong understanding of the financial markets and banking, including broker-dealer product-based knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues across regions and Business Units.
- Ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire information.
- Ability to use various PC, MS Office and internet applications and tools to support AML processes.
- Have demonstrable good judgment (e.g. able to apply regulatory requirements to unique transaction/client situations).
- Attention to detail and effective time management skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment.
Job Description An application developer with strong DB skills and working experience in Big Data technology is needed to work in FRM IT- Market Risk Exposure development team in India. The FRM IT Ma [...]
Job Description Company Profile At Morgan Stanley, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals, and always do so with a standard of exc [...]
Job Description Job Title: Manager/ Sr. Manager Quality Assurance and Review Team (QART) Reporting to: Vice President, Mumbai Location: Mumbai, India. Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) [...]
Job Description Organizational Overview: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and has been mobilizing capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around th [...]