GOCM Planning Analyst Role
The Global Optimization & Call Management (GOCM) Team’s vision is to be “A World Class, Global, Short-Term Planning & Real-Time Management Team enabling Relationship Care® through Resource Optimization & Abandon Rate Consistency”. As a member of the GPRO team you will work with local leadership and team members as part of the Global Center of Excellence supporting the Global Service Network (GSN).
The GOCM Team is responsible for a variety of processes including short-term planning, local site Customer Care Professional scheduling & shrinkage planning, Real-Time Management and local site support services. The GOCM team receives long & short-term capacity plans,
forecasts and schedules from the Workforce Planning/Centralized Call Management (CCM) team and it is the responsibility of the GOCM team to convert these long-term plans into weekly and daily operational plans in order to optimize resources and drive Abandon Rate Consistency across the network.
The GOCM Analyst works as part of a team focused on executing the Short-Term Planning & Real-Time Management strategy for the center. The GOCM Analyst must demonstrate strong collaboration and partnership with multiple functional teams including Contact Center Leadership, CCM, MIS, Technology, World Servicing Learning Network (WSLN), Finance, Marketing, Global Business Integration (GBI), various Centers of Excellence and Planning communities across the globe.
Success in the role is measured by contribution to on target delivery of Operational Excellence metrics (e.g. Customer Handling Time), Forecast Accuracy, Voice of the Customer survey results, Schedule & Operational Effectiveness, Abandon Rate Consistency, Availability/Shrinkage Optimization and customer satisfaction targets both internal to GPRO and external for our customers.
- Ensure comprehensive plans are put in place at least 45 days in advance of call arrival to deliver optimal staffing (operational efficiency) based on the most accurate available forecasts (Twelve Week Outlook, Month Ahead, Week Ahead, On-the-Day & Post Incident Review)
- Ensure plans are refined on a daily basis throughout the 45 days to production to increase re-forecast accuracy, operational efficiency and Abandon Rate Consistency by working directly with Operations Leaders to assign CCPs’ daily activities
- Ensure the prior day’s performance is reviewed against forecast analyzing the issues and impact on Service Level and Abandon Rates
- Ensure real-time performance (Calls, Customer Handling Time (CHT) and Staffing) is analyzed on an interval basis throughout the day and recommendations to achieve departmental goals are provided
- Manage & monitor available ‘day’ resources (CCP Availability to handle calls) to ensure adequately deployed & multi-skilling effectively optimized
- Negotiate with Operations Leaders, Business Partners and CCPs regarding scheduling of activities in order to ensure the center is adequately staffed at all times to service customers (including frequently declining and cancelling requests) acting as an escalation point when issues cannot be resolved by team members
- Ensure Approval and scheduling of CCPs’ out of building exceptions including Paid Time Off (Vacation) and In Building Off-Phone activities (e.g. Coaching, Meetings, Training etc.) is managed in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure routine operational meetings are chaired by the GOCM Team with Operations Leaders and other Centers of Excellence in attendance in order to agree decisions and actions designed to drive operational goals
- Lead the execution of the Abandon Rate Consistency Plans (including Business Continuity Plans)
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date data is maintained in Aspect (eWFM) regarding schedule exceptions as it relates to the intra-day performance and achieving Adherence to Schedule (ATS) targets
- Track/maintain log of daily events that impact call volume or CHT in eWFM journals in order to capture the “organizational memory” for future planning
- Manage ongoing business reporting in order to ensure all information is accurate and provided in a timely manner: Including integrity of data in key MIS systems such as Compass, Opera, SpectR etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate reporting
- Lead Call Center Management initiatives (e.g. delivering workshops, training and ongoing organizational education)
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- At least 2 years direct Contact Center Planning experience (preferably covering all aspects of the planning cycle)
- Proven leadership experience of planning functions in a large, multi-site/multi-media call center environment
- Proven experience of coaching and building knowledge around call center management principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in local market language and English
- Ability to manage a team to successfully achieve operational goals
- Manage conflict and influence decisions
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs required
- Ability to work under pressure; able to manage multiple tasks and changing demands with minimum supervision
- Highly numerate with strength in accuracy & attention to detail in a high output & speed environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills – demonstrating thought leadership
- Experience presenting plans to stakeholders such as Operations Leaders and discussing drivers of Contact Center performance
- Excellent PC skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Project
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and nurture shared ownership in process/project and business goals
- Ability to explain key call center planning principles: The Power of One, Economies of Scale, Dynamics of abandoned calls, Laws of Diminishing Returns, Shrinkage factors, and Call arrival patterns e.g. Day of week factors, bank holiday impacts and seasonality
- Ability to explain the drivers of “net staffing”, their current tracking, calculating their forecasted trends
- Knowledge of how to influence the drivers of “net staffing” and which levers to pull and when in a real time environment
- At least 2 year’s experience using Workforce Management tools (preferably Aspect eWFM, Empower, Work Flex) with proficiency in scheduling, forecasting, shrinkage data, live IDPs, report exporting and manipulation (preferred)
- ACD experience (preferably Avaya CMS) with proficiency in manual skill changes, agent reports, and agent traces, live call flows (preferred)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 14, 2019, 1:35:27 AM
Gurgaon, Haryana 1+ years experience Function Description: With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms [...]
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 1+ years experience Sales Executive Individual will be required to acquire new merchants for Amex card acceptance in specified territory in Ahmedabad and ensure servicing and warm [...]
Gurgaon, Haryana This is a Band 28 role: American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses an [...]
Gurgaon, Haryana This is a Band 28 requisition. Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in peopl [...]