Marriott International, Inc
1+ years experience
Posting Date Aug 10, 2019
Job Number 19110632
Job Category Event Management
Location The Westin Pushkar Resort & Spa, Khasra No. 1242 & 1243, Pushkar, Rajasthan, India VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being,
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Position assists the Manager in the execution of meetings and events and driving the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Works to meet customer needs at meetings and events and assists in growing event revenues. Handles issues and conflicts that may arise duing meetings or events. Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to drive client satisfaction and maintain quality standards.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations
- Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
- Reviews scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
- Assists in coordinating all groups that will impact property operations.
- Assists in overseeing cleaning and maintenance of meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas.
- Assists in overseeing furniture and equipment maintenance and that inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
- Assists in the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
- Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to drive client satisfaction and maintain quality standards.
Assisting in Budgets and Finances
- Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
- Assists in creating the annual banquet budget.
Driving Exceptional Customer Service
- Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Kolkata, West Bengal Posting Date Jul 27, 2019 Job Number 19103372 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Westin Kolkata Rajarhat, Plot No CBD/2 Action Area-II New Town Rajarhat [...]
Raipur, Chhattisgarh Posting Date Jul 27, 2019 Job Number 19103331 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location Courtyard Raipur, NH-6, Labhandi, Raipur, Chattisgarh, India VIEW ON MAP [...]
Bengaluru, Karnataka Posting Date Jul 27, 2019 Job Number 19103400 Job Category Finance and Accounting Location Courtyard Bengaluru Hebbal, No 2/55 Outer Ring Road Nagavara, Bangalore, Karnatak [...]
Pune, Maharashtra Posting Date Jul 26, 2019 Job Number 19102970 Job Category Sales and Marketing Location The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, S. No. 36/3-B Koregaon Park Annexe, Pune, Maharashtra, I [...]