J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clients’ interests first. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; High-bridge Capital Management; and Private Banking,
which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. With assets under supervision of $1.8 trillion and assets under management of $1.3 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The position is within The Back Office Operations Technology Eagle Accounting Group providing technology services to the Back Office and Front Office Applications in the Investment Management business. The Eagle platform supports over $900bn of AUM across all asset classes, there are over 8,000 active accounts with ~600,000 daily positions and ~5,000 to 140,00 daily transactions.
The opportunity is to join the New York Back Office Technology Team focused on the Eagle Accounting system. The team covers the application development of feeds, reports, straight thru processing from front office applications, and the intra-day/overnight processing for the Eagle Accounting suite. The team owns the holistic development of the accounting platform including tactical enhancements, application upgrades, new application rollouts, performance tuning and provide a depth of both business and technology service to the whole organization. The platform covers a magnitude of asset classes’ dependent on investment strategy, leveraging both proprietary built systems complementing a vendor application. We are looking to build a team in India to support the Operations Team that exist there.
Application Development of related projects/enhancements/bug fixes for the accounting platform, including interfacing with Operations and other business users.
Troubleshooting business issues, solving problems to provide solutions to diverse teams and the product aligned support areas.
Work with other Back Office Technology teams to make appropriate changes that will enhance the stability of the overall environment.
Relationship management internally with the Operations areas such as back office, trade support, etc.
Navigate the wider technology organization; build relationships to help manage the team’s agenda with our critical technology partners.
Interface with external vendors and their technical support and development organizations ensuring focus to resolution of issues and strategic enhancements.
Proactively identify improvements and address them through independent thinking within a consensus driven team.
Ownership and participation in the Incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology and business reporting and communication.
Skills / Competencies
- 5 or more years of experience in technology and/or financial services with a focus in Securities Processing.
- Proven track record in production support and development life cycle/project delivery
- Strong Problem solving skill
- Strong experience with the use and capabilities of ETL software, Informatica preferred.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows.
- Strong SQL knowledge on Oracle and Sybase databases.
- Strong knowledge an use of TOAD, SQL Developer and Rapid SQL
- Strong PERL and UNIX scripting experience.
- Experience with the use and capabilities of Enterprise scheduling/workflow software, Control-M highly preferred.
- Experience of working within a global organization effectively leveraging cross regional team
- Strong research, investigation and evaluation skills.
- Self-motivated to operate independently and make necessary decisions within the global team
- Ability to prioritize effectively within a dynamic global environment
- Strong team player, results oriented with a flexible approach
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, with excellent relationship building skills across multiple organizations and key touch points
- Comfortable operating in high pressure environments whilst managing incidents across a global business
- Ability to deal with and navigate difficult situations through strong teamwork and a focus on resolution
- Knowledge of portfolio accounts systems would be a bonus
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Digital Services team strives to provide consistent, integrated Internet applications that are intuitive, dependable and easy to use for all customers. Our online sites are am [...]
Reconciliation Production Management Team is responsible for provision of applications providing reconciliation and critical client money accounts to the Cash, Stock, Cash management, and Rates, Credi [...]
Responsibilities Prioritizes, scopes, estimates, and manages the team(s) responsible for the development and implementation of engineering solutions. Includes people management responsibilities as [...]
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago: We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial [...]