Job Specification – Part 1
Business / Function:
Banking & Capital Financing IT
DCM Projects – Business analyst
- The role is within the B&CF; IT team which is part of the HTS Global Banking and Markets IT division providing IT solutions and support for Banking (B), Capital Financing (CF) and a number of other business areas. Within these areas B&CF; IT specifically services the following:
Banking is responsible for the overall management of relationships with major corporate and institutional clients across a broad range of geographies. This involves working closely with a variety of product specialists to deliver a comprehensive range of services such as treasury and capital markets,
transaction banking, strategic advisory and investment management and the origination and on-going management of the credit and lending product.
Capital Financing provides clients with a single integrated financing business, focused across a client's capital structure. Its expertise ranges from primary equity and debt capital markets; to specialized structured financing solutions such as asset-backed finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, and project and export finance; to transformative merger and acquisition advisory and execution; to relationship-based credit & lending which forms the foundation on which many of our client relationships are based.
B&GCF; IT has developed and currently support approximately 40 applications as well as a number of 3rd party IT systems.
Projects include Financial & Management Information reporting tools, pricing tools, trade blotters, document management systems, , 3rd party bookbuilding systems, as well as a number of back office tools.
The below mentioned projects in the Debt Capital Markets (DCM) area we are specifically recruiting this position for:
- DCM Blotter & EMTN Blotter – Consolidated global deal capture and issue management service. The goal of the DCM Blotter is to reduce the number of applications servicing the DCM business and harmonise business processes to support deal capture, book management (P&L;, Positions and Fees) and deal revenue reporting.
- The role will require working directly with the DCM Origination and Syndicate businesses, Global Markets Sales, Finance, Product Control, Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operations teams.
- Business analyst work within Global Banking & Markets. The role will involve working directly with the business in order to fully document front-to-back the business processes and write up user stories for the developers with an Agile methodology
Capture and analyse requirements for the DCM and EMTN Blotter project.
Purpose of the job:
This role will require both extensive front-office fixed income primary markets Business Analysis experience and Project Management experience in delivering business process re-engineering within front-office and downstream areas and small to medium size IT solutions (end user, client/server and browser-based) in parallel.
The functional areas to analyse and document :
- DCM Deal Origination process flows through to Syndication.
- Trade booking, hedging of new issues and fees management.
- Positions management and P&L; management.
- Product Control, Risk and Operations processing.
- Deal and client MI capture and reporting.
Assist the business in defining the detailed requirements and act as a translator of business requirements into technical functional specifications. Act as an intermediary (point of contact) for both business and IT functions alike to refer to for clarification. Be the single point of contact for partner systems to work with over feed requirements.
Liaise with the Project Manager and Product Owner to highlight risks and issues and to ensure delivery status is reported.
- This is a front office facing role responsible for the following deliveries:
- Analyse and document the current state front-to-back processing of deal capture and the resultant financial management and MI reporting within DCM.
- Write up accurate user stories for development
- Understanding back to back processes .
- Where applicable, propose strategic business process and IT change solutions.
- Document Target Operating Model.
- Collaborate with the business to help produce clear and unambiguous business requirements.
- Collaborate with the business to help produce clear and unambiguous user acceptance plans.
- Communicate business requirements to the development and testing team.
- Assist the business in prioritising the UAT test approach
- Produce functional design specifications.
- Translation of functional specification specifications into development and test plans
- Scope and change management and the associated impact analysis
- Ownership of functional enhancement dependencies
- Assist development team in prioritising development cycles
- Assist testing team in prioritising the test scripts and approach (definition of a test strategy)
- Review of defects and their prioritisation
- Release management and planning
- Interaction with partner teams
- Status reporting to both internal project teams and wider audiences
- This role will require very good business relationship management skills to successfully manage expectations and communication across a wide range of interested parties and stakeholders.
- Data alignment issues across multiple systems.
- Business definition of project scope and the associated impacts
- Multi-system interaction with other projects
- High profile project with senior management oversight
- Working with regionally dispersed teams, which can cause challenges in terms of good levels of project collaboration.
Job Specification – Part 2
- Good understanding of the primary capital markets, primarily Bond Origination and Syndication functions.
- Business analysis skills including requirements workshops, prototyping, UML (use cases), data modelling, functional design and UAT co-ordination.
- Full life cycle Business Analysis experience from requirements definition through to implementation within a front-office business facing IT environment
- Complete formal knowledge of the document life cycle, terms of reference, technical and functional specs, business requirements and business cases.
- Experience in producing Current State and Target Operating Models.
- Experience in delivering Business Process Re-engineering within a Front-Office function.
- Experience working with offshore development, analysis & test teams
- A degree in a numerate business focused subject (eg. Accounting, Finance or MBA) with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Problem solving and analysing an issueopportunity highly desirable.
- Financial product knowledge (in particular – bonds, swaps, rates products)
- Knowledge of exchanges, trade blotters, trade booking, position management, fee handling, settlement, P&L; reporting and feed handling.
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies or the approach (i.e. Prince, Agile techniques etc..).
- Experience in Agile.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills to ensure business teams remain engaged and comfortable to progress with analysis and delivery of proposed solutions.
- Working with offshore development teams to ensure deliverables fulfil business requirements and quality levels
- Experience with relational databases Oracle/Sybase.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Powerpoint
- Project management experience on in-house development projects covering all stages of development process from specification and design, build and test through to implementation and training.
- Experience with Syndication order management function.
- Experience with Ipreo Issuenet and Marketpipe vendor applications.
- Experience with Bloomberg trade and reference data feeds.•
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hyderabad, Telangana 2+ years experience Job Title: Senior Associate CEP MSF Some careers open more doors than others. If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, jo [...]
Job Description Consultant Specialist/COO IT : 0000DP9H Description Responsible For: (Please describe the role that the Candidate will be undertaking within the team) 1. Understanding a [...]
GCB 6 Some Careers grow faster than others. If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC. Global [...]
Location Pune Exp - 7+ Years Responsibilities: § Raising of requisitions (following ITCM approval) for TOP (inc SCO) and BM – Third party Resources and Software. § Management of SOW [...]