JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The JP Morgan Financial Reporting Team manage the production and review of annual and interim financial statements for a wide range of hedge and mutual fund clients. This Financial Reporting Team take direct responsibility for the production, review and delivery of financial statements of and related accounting/portfolio information for key clients. This role involves participation in the production and review from a detailed and quality perspective of both statutory and regulatory reports.
The candidate should have 3+ years or more experience in a fund accounting/ financial reporting/financial statement audit environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation and self review from both a detail and quality perspective including application of IFRS and US GAAP. The candidate should ideally have prepared and/or reviewed financial statements previously and have knowledge of audit requirements for hedge/mutual funds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of primary financial statements (annual and interim) & all related notes in accordance with accounting and regulatory disclosure requirements (IFRS, US GAAP an advantage) within agreed client deadlines & SLA’s
- Self review financial statements both from a numbers perspective and also completed word documents for disclosures, quality and completeness perspective
- Consistency checking of financial statements for large clients throughout the year and relevant audit and interim cycles
- Analysis & raising queries of client accounting records and escalation, where appropriate, of any potential issues identified
- Escalate concerns around anomalies in financial statement numbers which may result in audit findings for clients
- Able to assist in resolution the team queries & act as a reference point for junior team members on technical, accounting and audit related matters
- Liaise with partner sites for external deliveries and communicate status effectively and in a timely manner to local management and partner sites
- Interaction with stakeholders to respond to any accounting or financial reporting-related queries that may arise.
- Recognise and act on opportunities to improve processes including developing and making recommendations for change and encourage the team to come with ideas for effeciency
- To ensure all the risk and control checks are adhered to for clients in portfolio and follow all required checklists and SOPS, ensure they are up to date post audit cycles
- Liaise with OCM (internal control) team on any issues that arise that need to be reviewed
Key Skills and Knowledge
- You will have 3+ years experience in a Financial Reporting or Audit environment in the Funds industry
- Post graduate/CA/CPA with major in Finance/Accounting will be added value.
- You will be able to work within a team and build key internal relationships across locations with partner sites
- You will have very strong attention to detail in review of documents and analytical review capabilities in relation to financial statement numbers & reporting
- You will have knowledge and understanding of all primary GAAPS – Irish/UK, IFRS, US GAAP
- You will posses the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines at peak delivery times
- You will be able to implement change, seek efficiencies and manage initiatives along with your daily workload
- You will be risk, control and procedure oriented
- You will have analytical & prioritization skills and be capable of making judgments
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will be result and target oriented, self motivated
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hyderabad, Telangana JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, fi [...]
Hyderabad, Telangana 3+ years experience About JP Morgan J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago: o We are the leader in investment banking, fina [...]
Bengaluru, Karnataka 4+ years experience Position Responsibilities - Provide directions and review for journal entries booked into Investran - Prepare fund level financial statements includin [...]
Position Responsibilities Provide directions and review for journal entries booked into Investran Prepare fund level financial statements including the consol balance sheet, income statement, [...]