Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
The Developer/BSA will work closely with SharePoint sites Business Owners to gather customer requirements, conduct requirements analysis, and translate requirements into specifications. Coordinate and participate in gathering customer requirements. Analyze and assess design of business processes and their integration with technology, SharePoint Architects and other functional groups to design, develop, and engineer company's enterprise Microsoft SharePoint online (O365) system. The Developer/BSA will also work with members of the, Cross functional teams,
Data Integration teams and other internal IT teams to balance the roadmap of SharePoint with other architectural roadmaps in Cadence IT. Overall, this role will be responsible for developing and delivering the solutions.
At Cadence, we use SharePoint online (O365) to support our global employees’ collaboration and workflow needs. We are committed to a mobile-friendly collaboration environment, so everything in our SharePoint environment is designed using Responsive Web Design and tested on a wide variety of mobile devices and desktop browsers. Our SharePoint environment is mission-critical, so we support it on a 24/7 Operational Basis. This role has overall accountability for ensuring our SharePoint environment meets Cadence’s present and future strategic needs.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Accountable to develop SharePoint sites in SharePoint online (O365)
- Accountable to deliver SharePoint projects through effective collaboration with Project Managers, SharePoint Developers and Administrators, Business System Analysts and customers
- Understand customer needs related to SharePoint and collaboration in general through development of strong relationships and compassion for business challenges
- Author business cases for proposed IT projects related to SharePoint, and provide accurate project deliverables and resource estimates to the PMO
- Work with business-retained SharePoint resources working directly on business-led initiatives. Integrate business-led initiatives into the IT SharePoint roadmap and project execution plans.
- Contribute to the Cadence’s Collaboration Strategy, as related to SharePoint’s place in that strategy
- In collaboration with the SharePoint and Enterprise Architects, create and maintain Cadence’s SharePoint technology roadmap, including utilization of third-party solutions and upgrade strategy
- Ensure proper inspection readiness and compliance in all aspects of solution delivery and support
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve Development quality, and business Processes.
- Identify emerging SharePoint and application development software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on SharePoint online (O365) to IT teams and business users of SharePoint online (O365), offering advice and coaching on best practices
- Develop and maintain standards and policies related to the Enterprise SharePoint environment. Document solutions and operating procedures and train personnel on executing in accordance with the procedures. Create Solution Design, System Configuration, etc. deliverables in collaboration with other teams.
- Serve as the escalation point for any Priority 1 issues with the production SharePoint environment. During any outage, communicate effectively with IT leadership and the user community about the cause, duration and closure of the issue.
- Assist with efficient implementation of new software products, tools or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Gather customer requirements, conduct requirements analysis, and translate requirements into specifications.
- Translate and document end user requirements into specifications that can be leveraged to effectively design and develop SharePoint solutions.
- Create business process flow charts to graphically depict customer business processes.
- Look for opportunities to streamline, refine, and reduce redundancy within customer business processes via process re-engineering practices and principles.
- Promote new collaborative capabilities available within SharePoint to help improve efficiency and increase productivity.
- Contribute to internal business processes for SharePoint customizations and lifecycle management to include documentation, requirements gathering and analysis, testing, and development of best practices.
- Conduct Knowledge Management (KM) activities to capture, share, and manage data, information, and organizational knowledge pertaining to the tactics, techniques, and procedures on how to effectively utilize IT assets that facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Plan, develop, and maintain the Army Knowledge Management Plan to address information architecture, information management, and knowledge sharing.
- Provide/collect input pertaining to the Command Records Management Program through coordination with the Management Support Division.
- Review current practices for maintaining and archiving institutional knowledge and provide recommendations and business plan to improve current practices.
- Understand Command taxonomy and coordinate with the customer to integrate and convert relevant folksonomy into the Command SharePoint Portal.
- Research and conduct analysis of alternatives (AoA) for new and emergent technologies to incorporate where practical.
- Suggest and institute/recommend innovative, continuous business and work process improvements to reduce cost, improve quality, and reduce cycle time.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent of work related experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of SharePoint experience.
- MUST have SharePoint online (O365) experience.
- Proven track record delivering SharePoint projects on time, on budget and to the customer’s satisfaction. Able to give examples of projects that were delivered on tight timelines, with significant scope and multiple customer stakeholders.
- Demonstrated relationship savvy in building effective trusted advisor relationships with business partners and IT alike using effective relationship-building, negotiation, mediation and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead and manage under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Experience with Agile (or similar/related) methodology is a significant plus.
- 3+ years’ experience leveraging SharePoint in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of large, complex, enterprise-level solutions.
- Self-motivated, Customer and Delivery focused. Ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and verbal form and have an aptitude for problem solving.
- In-depth understanding of enterprise portals, collaboration tools, enterprise search, document and content management, and forms-based business process is required.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in using Web Parts, Site Collections, Content Deployment, InfoPath Forms, Excel Services, Business Data Catalogs, Site Columns, Content Types, Authorizations, Advanced Search, Master pages and Content pages, Search settings and workflows to accomplish business needs.
- Knowledge of FAST search engine technology, and specific experience integrating with Line of Business (LoB) applications is a must.
- Proven experience with optimization, troubleshooting principles, methodologies and issue resolution techniques.
- Strong documentation creation and editing skills. Able to give examples of creating documentation and leveraging that documentation to improve facilitate architectural decisions.
- Microsoft SharePoint certification is highly preferred, but not mandatory
We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Roles and Responsibilities Person will be the senior most person in our I.T. Department. He himself is expected to be an expert on Windows based servers, IIS, Zimbra email server, Firewalls, and netw [...]
VC Formal is a fast growing product which is increasingly getting used for solving industries bleeding edge formal verification problems. It is a main tool, industry is using to effect shift left thei [...]
At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology. The Developer/BSA will work closely with SharePoint sites Business Owners to gather custo [...]
Job Description Customer Services NSW Nokia Software 200000081D Requisition # Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware [...]