SDL is a global innovator in language translation technology, services and content management, serving 80% of the FTSE 100 companies.
We are seeking to appoint a Cloud Engineer to join our team and help us manage and deliver a world class service for our enterprise translation platforms.
This is a role working within a busy team on a shift rotation covering 24x5 to provide high-quality technical support for SDL’s hosted application servers.
The successful candidate will thrive in a challenging environment where they will be required to balance the need for performing critical maintenance tasks on servers, providing excellent 3rd line support as well as assisting with work towards ongoing and future technical projects.
The successful candidate will be mentored by a senior engineer to develop skills in hosting systems architecture, design and implementation for new services, making sure those meet the requirements for scalability and resiliency while at the same time being cost effective. They will also work closely with our Project Management team on technical programmes within the cloud environment, as well as fulfil smaller technical projects directly.
As part of our Cloud Services organisation, the successful candidate and their team will contribute to providing the best uptime, performance and security for SDL’s hosted customers and ensure we continue to develop these services in support of the business needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a project driven team who will drive a culture of continuous improvement and DevOps collaboration from within our operational group.
You will be a skilled infrastructure or systems engineer with demonstrable (hands-on) experience of supporting Windows systems running .net/Java applications on both private and public cloud infrastructures.
You will hold, or be working towards, a relevant systems engineering accreditation (e.g. AWS SysOps Engineer, MCSA, CompTIA)
You will have good interpersonal skills, be methodical and well-organized with a drive to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and strive for continuous improvement in all that you do.
You will be reliable, able to collaborate with a range of people (developers, support and project teams) to fulfil requests and project work within agreed time and quality standards
Bangalore Associate Manager, Cloud Operations
- Maintain and develop cookbooks in source control to implement declarative configuration where possible for both SDL products and infrastructure to ensure a controlled and consistent environment.
- Plan, monitor and progress other technical projects to implement infrastructure and process improvements and contribute to departmental strategic projects.
- Manage our server estate and respond to system alerts from SDL data centres / cloud environments, undertaking corrective action where possible to prevent alerts becoming critical..
- Support and troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Server platforms: 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Day to day administration of Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS, IIS and Failover Clustering
- Take ownership of and provide regular updates on all tickets assigned (incident, request, change, problem), planning own time effectively to deliver what is required within ticket OLA.
- Deploy, optimize, troubleshoot and upgrade SDL’s Enterprise Language applications (.NET and Java), carefully managing risk throughout and adhering to SDLs Change Management policy.
- Troubleshoot issues in a methodical manner, recording details of investigative work and remedial actions taken.
- Using Powershell or other suitable languages, author and maintain scripts to automate repetitive tasks and eliminate manual work.
- Ensure Windows patching and Anti-virus are up to date and servers backed up and tested.
- Ensure server/process documentation is up to date and appropriate or create documentation where none may exist.
- Document and share knowledge within the team.
- Communicate effectively with Development and Support teams, escalating issues appropriately.
- Contribute to planned maintenance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a good knowledge of IT technologies and developments.
- Once trained to participate in the out of hours monitoring rota and occasional out of hours scheduled work.
- This role may occasionally require you to work from a different SDL office or client site.
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- < > < > < >
Good understanding of networking principles: TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers.
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting .NET / Java applications running on IIS or Apache Tomcat.
- Knowledge of SQL Server (2008/2014) with experience of using/troubleshooting SQL scripts.
- Knowledge of log management and monitoring tools (e.g. PRTG, Zabbix, CloudWatch)
- The ability to aggregate, correlate, and report on logs and metrics, use them for performance tuning and troubleshooting, and to help automate actions based on events or thresholds
- Working knowledge of Vmware ESX/vSphere administration
- Working knowledge of storage technologies (SAN/NAS/Object/Cloud)
- Working knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection or similar antivirus software.
- Working knowledge of Backup Exec or similar backup software.
- Experience using Powershell for administration and automation.
- Experience with configuring, managing and troubleshooting infrastructure deployments on AWS or other public cloud providers is highly desirable.
- ServiceNow (or similar ticketing/IT Management application).
Candidates must be able to demonstrate practical knowledge in the above infrastructure technologies with 4-5+ years industry experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working in a public/private cloud environment.
- Experience participating in a team of highly technical engineers.
- Experience of delivering technical projects
- Good problem solving skills and an eye for detail.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment with particular regard to Change and Incident management.
- Good customer/stakeholder handling skills.
- A strong ability and desire to collaborate with peers and to constructively resolve differing points of view.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Why Zynga We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high quality service to millions of players every single day. Collaboration is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an [...]
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any devi [...]
ID: 17215 Posted: 9/30/2020 Location: Bangalore, KA Category: ERP Job Type: Permanent Description Development of on-platform solutions and integrations to external systems Develo [...]
Requirements: Upto 5 years of experience on QA 3+ years of experience of test automation with multiple tools and frameworks Full stack test automation experience - front end/back end work flow [...]