Description and Requirements From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise. Job Description:
Seeking a senior level z/OS Product Developer to work on the mainframe development responsibilities of industry-leading Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software. As a senior member of the product development team at BMC you are responsible for designing and coding mainframe software, defining functional requirements and participating in all development efforts to produce high quality, high performing and fault tolerant software.
The role requires a thorough knowledge of the z/OS operating system internals, Assembler and C/C++ languages, the software development life cycle and the processes involved in product development and maintenance, use professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to assist in solving complex problems. Must have the ability to work on highly complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Must exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Mentors earlier career staff.
- Accurately estimates the size and scope of the development and/or testing effort of projects.
- Develops and tests product code according to BMC quality standards.
- Maintains knowledge of product environments and applicable software technologies.
- Provides complete documentation in the form of commented code, problem status information, and design documents.
- Performs thorough problem analysis that results in resolution of product-related problems according to BMC support standards.
- Completes code and other deliverables on schedule.
- Performs thorough unit testing; supports and/or performs systems and integration testing as required to provide a quality product.
- Provides input to the Technical Writers for all product documentation.
- Works with other teams in Development as well as other areas such as Quality Assurance and Support to deliver quality products and customer satisfaction.
- Participates in customer interactions when required.
- Support cross-functional teams in customer specific escalations.
- Manage expectations through clear issue management.
- Conducts and participates in team code, test plan (and other artifact) reviews.
- Self-starter able to work independently to provide quality solutions with little oversight.
- Able to manage a mixed workload of multiple ongoing tasks including new function development, product maintenance, and testing activities.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Shares information, acts as a team player and embraces teamwork.
- 15+ years of experience designing and implementing mainframe applications and system exits in an IBM z/OS (and previous O/S) environment
- 15+ years of experience with mainframe high level assembler with structured macros
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++ on z/OS
- Experience with z/OS internals, control blocks & system exits
- Experience with implementing SMF user exits
- Experience with SMF record layouts
- Experience with APF authorization
- Experience with RACF security functions, macros and programming
- Additional ACF2 and Top Secret experience beneficial
- Experience with Cross Memory Services
- Experience of cross LPAR XCF communication and dataspaces
- Experience with UDP, TCP & TLS
- Experience with AT-TLS beneficial
- Experience with X.509 Certificates
- Experience with IBM's Cryptographic Services (ICSF)
- Experience with Checksums and hashes
- Experience with DB2 programming and Db2 IFCIDs
- Experience with SQL
- Extensive experience with JCL, IBM Utilities and SDSF
- Extensive experience with REXX
- Extensive dump analysis and debugging skills
- Extensive experience with IPCS
- Strong ISPF Dialog Management Services skills
- Strong Unix System Services knowledge
- Strong SMP/E knowledge
- Good knowledge of IAM systems
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software highly beneficial
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience of architecting solutions and thinking ‘outside the box'
- Must be able to explain complicated concepts clearly to management
- Strong Presentation skills
- 64-bit instructions and AMODE 64
- Interlock among multiple processors with PLO and similar instructions
- z/OS common storage
- Cross-address space functions
- SMF exits IEFU8x
- ESTAE and FRR
- z/OS control blocks
- z Architecture levels
- LE-conformant linkage
- CNZ_WTOMDBEXIT and console control blocks like the MDB
- SVC 99, dynamic allocation
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design in a z/OS environment
- Strong OOP skills including inheritance, overloading and polymorphism
- Working experience of Visual Studio or similar IDE
- Working experience of using GitHub
- Mainframe LE programming
- TCP/IP programming
- z/OS Unicode Services
- Use of System SSL
- Multi-threading and queue management
- Strong knowledge of IBM Callable Services
- Strong knowledge of Socket Programming
- Strong knowledge of creating DLLs and APIs on z/OS
- Strong knowledge of JSON, XML, RESTful APIs, websockets etc.MacOS knowledge beneficial
- Experience with writing documentation for developed applications and features
- Candidate must have strong diagnostics, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Agile methodology, use of Jira product is beneficial
- Good proficiency in English language is required
- Candidate must be motivated, think and work independently as well as within a team, and have strong communication skills
- Candidate must have highly developed organizational skills
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
- < Back to search results
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description About the Organization Entytle, Inc. We provide SaaS for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) tocapture, retain and grow recurring revenue including spare parts, consumables and [...]
Job Description Sr. Engineer, IT IN-Maharashtra-Pune, India Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovat [...]
Job Description Lead Engineer, IT IN-Maharashtra-Pune, India Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innova [...]
Job Description Tech9 India is looking for Full Stack Developers to join our team. We have mid level to principal roles available. Depending on the role, the position requires the use of React, Node, [...]