About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
The Controller division includes the following functional areas: Accounting Business Unit Support, Accounting Operations, Accounting Policy, Enterprise Controls & Oversight, Enterprise Financial Reporting, Supply Chain Management, and Corporate Tax. The GL Control and Bank Accounting Groups re under the Controller division’s sub-group - Accounting Operations.
The GL Control team provides subject matter expertise and efficiency support to Accounting, Finance and Operations business lines around GL and GL Core tools. GL Control is responsible for ensuring procedures and controls in relation to various GL and GL Core Tools are functioning at the highest level for the integrity and reliability of financial reporting.
The Bank and Parent & Subsidiary Accounting groups provide broad accounting support across all operational business lines in the company as well as function as the central corporate accounting groups for companywide processes including but not limited to intercompany settlements, equity and investment-in subsidiary accounting and stock-based compensation.
About the Role
The role requires a developed understanding of enterprise finance functional areas and is responsible for internal financial management reporting to support the enterprise, working with business partners in conducting in-depth research of financial, operating and analyzing, interpreting and report findings. The role requires a thorough understanding of General Ledger operational processes and overall Accounting and Finance operations. Some of the day-to-day activities will include Journal Entry Preparation/Review, general ledger account reconciliations, month-end GL Close support, GL Operations statistic compilation and presentation, GL CCT and EONE 3-way reconciliation oversight. The role requires the ability to quickly develop an understanding of the functional areas in order to be as efficient as possible and provide guidance and oversight to the other team members. In order to be successful, the role will require working with business partners, analyzing and interpreting data, ensuring desktop procedures and controls are being followed to mitigate risk, and reporting those findings.
- Will provide leadership, decision making and strategic direction for the day to day operations of the Bank Accounting and GL Control Teams.
Responsibilities associated with this position are numerous.
- Escalation point handling
- Attends weekly / monthly / quarterly meetings
- Addresses issues the team may be having
- Collates Metrics of the team members and performance management
- Staffing requirements and capacity planning
- First line Manager
- Overseeing the SLA performance management process
- Ensure all required tasks are completed accurately & on time
- Ensure Operational risk is considered in regard to all tasks completed by the team, any incidents are reported & addressed as required.
- Will also be cross trained to support all functions as a working manager and be responsible for more complex or high-visibility processes.
Market Skills and Certifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Reporting or Business Administration.
- 9+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of GL systems and accounting control policies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to hold meetings and train team members on functions
- Understanding of control and risk environments related to processes
- Reconciliation of GL Accounts
- Previous experience with Oracle GL, EONE, GL Core Tools such as eagleWeb and irisWeb
- 9 to 10 years of relevant experience in accounting operations roles
- Strong leadership skills
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services, that will increase firms reputation. You will serve a [...]
Job Description JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financ [...]
Job Number: 3158040 POSTING DATE: Sep 24, 2020 PRIMARY LOCATION: Non-Japan Asia-India-Karnataka-Bengaluru EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's Degree JOB: Other EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time JOB [...]
Job: Technology Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Permanent Posting Date: 23/Sep/2020 Unposting Date: Ongoing About Standard [...]