About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This role in Global Banking Technology is within CECF for the position of Hadoop technical specialist. Position will be key to strategic programme to deliver enhancements and provide maintenance support for Reporting Services applications.
Description of the Role:
- Identifying/Gathering/ Questioning and challenging when necessary/ documenting the NFR (Non-Functional Requirements) and interface specific requirements front to back
- Identifying golden sources of data in Standard Chartered Banks
- Collaborate with BA and Developments leads in the team in identifying and developing common components
- Improve code quality statistics, participate/drive code reviews and continuously reduce technical debt
- Specifying the common and core services use cases
- Study existing engineering processes and contribute to improvements to drive up efficiencies
- Collaborate with teams globally to deliver, present ideas and innovate
- Model behaviours that facilitate Agile delivery
- Exhibit passion for client experience with a user-first mindset
Preferred Candidate Profile :
Ideal candidate must have proven credentials of delivering in world class engineering teams. With a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent discipline, he/she must have relevant experience fulfilling responsibilities of the position. Must be a confident self-starter with ability to collaborate and devise solutions. Relevant industry certifications are an added plus. Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks is required.
- Strongly Desired competencies:
- Work experience on Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Scala, Nifi
- 4+ years of work experience in Hadoop eco system.
- Strong Unix / Linux Shell scripting experience
- Prior knowledge on any SQL query writing skills.
- Application performance tuning, application performance analysis and tuning, analysing performance metrics
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Experience in Application Design
- Responsibility for the Code Quality measures
- Exhibit hands-on on various NFRs-Non-Functional-Requirements implementation
- Good knowledge in open source frameworks
- Hands on Control-M scheduling tool.
- Good Analytical Skill.
- Commanding Communication skills.
- Adaptive to the aggressive timelines delivery mode.
2. Preferred competencies:
- DevOps Tools and CI/CD Processes – Jenkins, Git, GitFlow, Jira, BitBucket etc.
- Experience remediating application vulnerabilities and delivering on other non-functional requirements
- Experience working with query plans and performance tuning of SQLs
- Understanding of continuous build concept and usage with maven, sonarqube or other related tools
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking out for Business Analysts who are technically sound with good communication skills and a close fit to the job description below: Primary (Essential) Technical Skills desired: Skil [...]
Job background/ context: The Treasury Management Reporting team within the Risk focuses on producing, analyzing and reporting accrual risk metrics for businesses throughout the firm. The team works wi [...]
Company Description Rave Technologies – A Northgate Public Services Company, is a software services company that works with small and medium sized organisations. We are a part of Northgate Publi [...]
Company Description Publicismedia, a part of the PublicisGroupe, is a full service Media agency. We have been providing quality Digital & Media Mandates across industries & clients in the field of [...]