Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a non-bank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support and Supply Chain Management.
Over the years, the scope of FAKC has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
EMEA Controller Group has overall responsibility for the Legal Entity Financial Control and reporting for the EMEA entities and branches. This includes those in UK, Ireland and France. The individual will be part of a team responsible for the legal entity control activities, including external reporting, management of the financial close, supporting certain aspects of regulatory reporting, driving change and operational excellence.
Legal Entity Financial Control
Responsible for legal entity financial control of the EMEA entities and branches in UK, Ireland and France. Including:
Support for monthly US GAAP financial close and BAC subsidiary governance processes Reviewing US GAAP and Local GAAP (IFRS/UK/French) general ledger entries Preparation of monthly board and other governance materials relating to financial reporting Generating deeper understanding into key drivers of P&L; and balance sheet and identifying and correcting anomalies Preparation of Annual audited financial statements Management of audit issues; process and control upgrades; internal and external audit liaison; and leading supervisory review conversations Ensuring monitoring and resolution of intercompany breaks and ensuring balance sheet substantiation Determining local GAAP accounting treatments and ensuring appropriate bookings made Support for legal entity forecasting
Regulatory /Tax Reporting Support
Support of Centralized Regulatory Reporting team in reporting to FRB/OCC etc. by preparation of data and submission schedules Support of local regulatory reporting to PRA/FCA/CBI/ECB etc. by provision of general ledger data Provision of data to support local and US tax reporting for direct, indirect and transfer pricing
Finance Liaison and Change
Build relationships across CFO teams including LOB Finance CFOs, Treasury, Liquidity and Tax to understand and resolve accounting and reporting issues. Support change agenda across group and ensure processes are efficient, consistent and sustainable, making best use of technology Supporting GFC and enterprise Operational Excellence initiatives
Lead teams of 25-30 associates Strong people leadership experience with an ability to manage challenging situations Dynamic leadership to build and empower the team to deliver
- Education – Chartered Accountant
- Experience Range – Minimum 17 years of post-qualification experience in Finance, accounting and regulatory reporting preferably in Banking Industry
- Legal Entity control and reporting experience in a financial services business
- Strong people leadership experience with an ability to lead from the front (~ 25-30 associates)
- Dynamic, high energy, solid work ethic, willing to take on new initiatives some of which may initially lack definition
- Ability to think laterally and identify several possible solutions to problems
- Able to excel and influence in a cross-functional team structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as the position requires global correspondence and communication with associates throughout the Bank of America footprint
- Driven to learn and develop new skills
- Self-motivated and independent having an excellent control mindset
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deliver as well as being able to adapt to changes
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- High level of ownership and attention to detail
- Ability to apply sound judgment, provide effective challenge and display confidence to challenge
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize, pursue goals and consistently deliver results
- Flexibility and good negotiations skills
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and MS Access
- Strong computer skills (advanced excel and macro/access) and Oracle/SAP experiences are preferred
- Exposure to Emerging technologies like Alteryx, Tableau, UI Path, etc
11:30 am to 08:30 PM IST (Flexible on month end)
Job Location* Gurugram
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Reporting to Assistant Vice President Operations About AuthBridge AuthBridge is a leading provider of platforms and solution that enable trust. Our key services include [...]
- Meets with existing clients to discuss a company's products and services. - Works to foster lasting relationships with client base. - Locates opportunities to expand client base. - Networks [...]
Job Description Do you enjoy working in an international environment? Do you have a strong interest in managing and developing people along with getting involved in technical discussions for successf [...]
The AVP, Sales will be the sole custodian for revenue generation in Education firm, Team Handling, Meet revenue numbers through team and individual targets, Deep understanding of Sales, and be able to [...]