Position summary The Content Development Specialist is responsible for working with E2open product subject matter experts (Services, Product Management and Product Development) and trainers to create and update product training materials. Product training materials include presentations, videos, screencast and/or eCourses. The Content Development Specialist will:
- Create and update training materials to reflect current versions of E2open products.
- Create and update courses, lessons and quizzes in E2open University (LMS).
The role requires technical aptitude along with experience in technical writing and a desire for continuous learning. In addition, it requires resourcefulness, flexibility,
independence and organizational ability to assist in the continued growth of the Training department. The Content Development Specialist will be empowered to identify and propose any changes that will help the Training department improve and enhance its deliverables.
Essential responsibili-ties / duties
The essential responsibilities of the Content Development Specialist are listed below.
- Ensure that the Training team effectively meets its goals by:
- Maintaining the objectives of and standards for training materials to effectively support E2open products.
- Ensuring that new and updated training content is developed based on the team s development standards.
- Working with Senior Content Specialists to determine the training material updates required to support changes in product functionality as new releases are developed.
- ing a role-based and business scenario approach to training materials.
- Effectively communicating with subject matter experts to ensure that they provide the information required to develop training materials.
- Suggesting ways in which to improve the value of the training deliverables.
- Adding courses, lessons and quizzes to the E2open University LMS.
- Understanding and taking full advantage of the content development technologies currently in use.
- Working with Senior Content Developers to support the development and maintenance of standard product training databases, which will support hands-on exercises.
- Staying up-to-date with emerging technologies in information delivery systems that will support the improvement of training deliverables.
- Follow documented processes to create effective training videos and/or eCourses.
- Prepare scripts and add voice overs to videos and eCourses.
- Working within assigned E2open products to effectively capture procedural flows.
- Identifying where images will help to explain concepts and working with graphic designer to create those images.
- Preparing milestone tables to measure progress against content development project plans.
- Bachelor s degree in Instructional Design, Technical Communication, or English or equivalent experience in training content development.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Skills / experience required
- At least 1 - 2 years of experience in documenting software applications.
- Proficiency in these software applications:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint , Excel and Publisher
- Adobe Acrobat
- Moodle LMS
- TechSmith Camtasia
- Adobe Captivate (preferred)
- WordPress Web site development (preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to gather product information by analyzing product development documentation such as user stories and design documents.
- Demonstrated writing experience ability to distil technical concepts and presenting them in clear, simple language.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and completing complex work.
- Ability to adopt and implement training documentation styles and standards.
- Understanding of software testing and QA processes in relation to developing training materials and identifying potential product issues.
- Capable of establishing a rapport within and outside of the training team.
- Skill and patience in exacting work.
- Ability to accept new challenges and responsibilities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to communicate well in both formal and informal situations.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
*Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations [...]
About GetMyUni GetMyUni is a Times Internet-backed ed-tech start-up disrupting the college admissions space in India. We are a social college search platform that empowers students with making the [...]
Roles and Responsibilities: - Sourcing and Screening Guidelines - Develop and map out SEO and Social Media content - Launch optimized online adverts through Google Adwords, Facebook, etc. to [...]
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for driving traffic and conversion through email marketing channel. The Email Marketing Specialist has to liaise with design and content team to create fresh [...]