The Senior Content Development Specialist is responsible for working with E2open product subject matter experts (Services, Product Management and Product Development) and trainers to create and update product training materials. Product training materials include presentations, videos, screencasts and eCourses. The Senior Content Development Specialist will:
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Create and update training materials to reflect current versions of E2open products while adhering to estimated delivery schedules.
- Assist in determining the best delivery method for various training requirements.
- Assist in the definition and updating of content design and development standards based on instructional design trends.
- Mentor and provide peer editing for other content developers.
- Create and update courses, lessons and quizzes in E2open University (LMS).
The role requires a technical aptitude, along with a strong desire for continuous learning. In addition, it requires resourcefulness, flexibility, independence and organizational ability to assist in the continued growth of the Training department, along with identifying and proposing any changes that will help the Training department improve and enhance its deliverables.
Essential responsibilities / duties
The essential responsibilities of the Senior Content Development Specialist are listed below.
- Ensure that the Training team effectively meets its goals by:
- Defining, enhancing and maintaining the objectives and standards for training materials to support E2open products.
- Adhering to a role-based training approach based on day-in-the-life-of business scenarios.
- Determining the training material updates required to support changes in product functionality as new releases are developed.
- Ensuring that new and updated training content is developed based on current instructional design techniques for adult learners.
- Effectively explaining training content requirements to subject matter experts who support training material content development.
- Continuously improving the value of the training deliverables.
- Adding courses, lessons and quizzes to the E2open University LMS.
- Supporting continuous improvement of the E2open University LMS.
- Delivering training to other E2open employees on E2open University LMS functionality.
- Understanding and taking full advantage of the content design and development technologies currently in use.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of standard product training databases, which will support hands-on exercises.
- Staying up-to-date with emerging technologies in instructional design and information delivery systems that will support the improvement of training deliverables.
- Maintaining and following a process for designing and creating effective training videos and/or eCourses.
- Preparing scripts and adding voice overs to videos and eCourses.
- Working within all E2open products to effectively capture procedural flows.
- Identifying where images will help to explain concepts and working with graphic designer to create those images.
- Providing accurate estimates and predictable completion dates of assigned deliverables.
- Preparing milestone tables to measure progress.
- Bachelor s degree in Instructional Design, Technical Communication, or English or equivalent experience in training content design and development.
- Certification in adult learning a plus.
- Ability to travel as necessary
Skills / experience required
- At least five years of experience in ing sound instructional design concepts to training materials for adult audiences.
- At least five years of experience in working with and documenting software applications.
- Proficiency in these software applications:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint , Excel and Publisher
- Adobe Acrobat
- Moodle LMS
- TechSmith Camtasia
- Adobe Captivate (preferred)
- WordPress Web site development (preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to gather product information by analyzing product development documentation such as user stories and design documents.
- Demonstrated writing experience at the senior level expertise in distilling technical concepts and presenting them in clear, simple language.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and completing complex work.
- Ability to adopt and implement training documentation styles and standards.
- Awareness of all areas of functionality within the E2open product suites.
- Broad understanding of software testing and QA processes in relation to developing training materials and identifying potential product issues.
- Capable of establishing a rapport within and outside of the training team.
- Skill and patience in exacting work.
- Ability to accept new challenges and responsibilities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to mentor, coach and guide other content developers.
- Ability to manage the workload for content developers and interns.
- Possess good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to communicate well in both formal and informal situations.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
What will you contribute Reporting to the Manager, Development. The Expert Software Engineer will have to d esign, develop, analyze, and maintain high-quality software product applications. [...]
This role is to serve as the Enterprise Architect responsible for the technical direction of LenderComm reporting to the LenderComm VP of Product and Technology. Your peers will be the LenderComm Sr E [...]
Indicative - Coordination and interaction with client - Audit execution w.r.t. time limit - Adhere to the guidelines suggested - Inputs for proper closure of audit issues. - Ensure [...]
Indicative - Client Servicing - Preparation of scope of audit customized checklist - Single Point Of Contact for the clients for routine matters - Taking pro-active decisions to avoid [...]