Job Requisition ID #
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
We’re growing our managed cloud team within Autodesk’s Infrastructure-as-a-Service organization. This team leverages Software Engineering and DevOps principles to build re-usable managed cloud stacks. Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
The team is seeking a Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer who will have a critical role on how we design, build and deliver reusable managed cloud stacks.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Configure and implement the public cloud environment to deliver re-usable managed cloud stacks for use by the enterprise and business applications.
- Build and extend infrastructure automations for enterprise and business applications in the public cloud environment.
- Leveraging tools to ensure configuration state is consistent across multiple systems that can be tracked, changed and updated in an automated way for security and vulnerability protection through tools like chef.
- Troubleshooting and solutioning of issues in AWS and Azure environments.
- Interact with enterprise and business application engineering teams to understand requests/issues, establish clear expectations, and provide effective communication.
- Design and build automation solutions to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency.
Skills & Work Traits
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS IaC (Infrastructure-as-Code) and DevOps expertise.
- Hands-on experience on on-prem environment like virtualization, compute, storage etc
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions.
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person.
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development.
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others.
- Ability to think and act with an “automation” mindset to problem solving.
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems.
- Ability to think abstractly and guide others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Azure, AWS or equivalent (e.g. CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and IAM).
- 3+ years of development/automation experience (with tools such as Node.js, Python, Go, Rest APIs, etc.).
- 2+ years of hypervisor and orchestration experience like VMWARE and like openstack/cloudstack
- Literacy with Agile practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- While not required, AWS Certification is desirable.
Life at Autodesk
Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful. These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk. We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office. We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/autodeskcareers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Role Description Subject matter expert at least in one of the following areas Networking, Virtualization and containerization. In all cases delivered using Infrastructure as code NetDevOps practic [...]
EY- Consulting – Digital, Cloud and Advanced Engineering – Multicloud Engineer – Senior Skill 1 - IBM Cloud or OpenShift Skill 2 - GCP As part of our EY- Digital, Cloud and Advanced E [...]
About DMI: DMI, the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, D [...]
EY- Consulting – Digital, Cloud and Advanced Engineering – Multicloud Engineer – Senior Skill 1 - IBM Cloud or OpenShift Skill 2 - VMWare As part of our EY- Digital, Cloud and Advanc [...]