Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? Do you want to join a team with experience launching Amazon marketplaces in new countries? Are you innovative, resourceful, flexible and self-directed? You gain the respect of software engineers and software test engineers quickly and you're able to excite customers, internal stakeholders and your team about a vision, a product and a roadmap? You also like to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when necessary.
The Amazon India DEX team located in India is looking for a technology leader to define, organize and lead high-performing teams in delivering projects for our new marketplace, Amazon India.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon.in, from the ground up. A Software Development Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in leading high performing engineering teams. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
As a Software Development Manager on the team:
• Lead highly talented technology teams responsible for building and owning complex services from India.
• Solve complex architecture and business problems. Works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for our product line.
• Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
• Delivery of highly available and highly reliable software.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team.
• Influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with various leaders in Amazon.
• Hiring, growing and retaining a strong team keeping with the Amazon high bar.
• Prioritizes well, communicates clearly and compellingly, understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• 5-10 years experience in Software development and 2-5 years as development Manager
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
• Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done and at the same time be able to guide a team towards an objective.
• Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience with e-commerce platforms, merchants or logistics.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Knowledge and prior experience with ML is a plus.
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional skills in discovering true requirements underlying feature requests, recommending alternative technical and business approaches, and leading engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Senior Developer - Agriculture Commodity Management/Commodity Management Job Requisition ID: 262107 Work Area: Software-Design and Development Expected Travel: 0 - 50 PERCENT [...]
What You ll Do - Provide subject matter expertise on the configuration of SOTI MobiControl Mobile Device Management software to meet project deliverables, which would include activities such as sof [...]
Job Description This is a senior Software Testing role that requires the use of judgement in applying professional expertise and is expected to work independently with minimal supervision. This posit [...]
Job Description We are looking for a motivated professional who is responsible for performing software verification as per the defined standards & procedures. Take ownership for the testing effort [...]