CDO Chief Digital Office
At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Nokia IT
At Nokia IT, we are in a fast-paced digitalization journey.
We are transforming into a modern, digital organization that globally delivers seamless technology experiences to 100,000 employees, as well as external users across the world, based on trusted IT infrastructure, applications and security capabilities. To build a world-class IT organization, we are looking to find, grow and keep the best talent in various disciplines and areas.
Are you a hands-on technologist that wants to use knowledge to create an impact? Are you passionate about the digital era? Do you value a culture of transparency and accountability, and work with customers in your heart? Then join the diverse and global Nokia IT team!
Enterprise Applications team
In this role, you will be part of our Enterprise Applications team, responsible end to end for Nokia's applications’ portfolio, used across all Business Groups and Functions. Our current mission is to simplify and modernize our application portfolio and to transform into a fast moving, product-oriented and customer-focused technology organization.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Understands business requirements and creates a cohesive vision of a usable solution that is fit for purpose and that works within the enterprise architecture technical boundaries
- Defines, documents and maintains solution designs for area of expertise. This includes analyzing technical trade-offs, determining the primary components and subsystems, and identifying the interfaces and collaborations
- Define and manage X-PPM solutions roadmap covering
o SW roadmap including OS, Middleware and DB
o HW roadmap (incl HW refresh activities for applications
- Assures solution aligns with strategic direction and EA principles by partnering with business and IT on solution architecture design and driving common alignment with enterprise architecture
- Ensures technical integrity and consistency of the solution on every stage of its lifecycle.
- Solves highly complex problems and develops original, innovative solutions with broad impact on the business
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to analyze ideas and demands for architectural fit and contributes to cost/benefit analysis and estimation documents
- Ensure all developments are fully documented, meet high level design requirements, as well as regulatory & industry standards so projects are fit for purpose.
- Anticipates internal and external business challenges and / or regulatory issues and drives improvements that create competitive advantage
- Drive E2E performance analysis and definition of performance improvement actions across multiple solutions/applications supporting the IT Solution Owner and IT Service Manager
- Has a broadly "agile" mindset, applying approaches as Agile, Scrum and DevOps to deliver IT projects/programs. May works as Agile PM/Project Lead but also in supportive project role, e.g. “Development team member” in agile projects, for ensuring continues improvement
- Ensure compliance with Nokia Cyber security policies
Support IT Solution Owner for decision on required updates following regular Security Vulnerability scan results
Manage and guide application data assessments by Cyber Security team for X-PPM solutions
- For solutions provided by an external vendor, the solution architect will take the lead role in reviewing and discussing all technical solution designs to ensure they meet the needs of the program and Nokia EA standards & Guideline
Extra knowledge focus:
Deep knowledge of X-PPM tools, Quality Center (from vendor Microfocus), Focalpoint(from vendor Unicom), Microfocus-PPM, DOORS(from vendor IBM) / DOORS NEXT(from vendor IBM) and Collaborator(from vendor Smartbear) as primary X-PPM Tools used in Nokia IT.
Broad knowledge of R&D; Program and Product management (program and product management processes)
Knowledge of defining, setting up and maintaining interfaces between above listed X-PPM applications and other applications.
Deep knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery
Strong Software debugging skills
Broad overall IT skills especially on Infrastructure and Middleware.
Experienced in Cloud architectures and in defining and dimensioning cloud resources for applications
Experienced in planning and executing Cloud migrations
Deep knowledge of Linux, Middleware (e.g. Java application servers like Tomcat), databases and storage solutions
Networking of complex application systems: storage, bandwidth management, NFS protocol, iSCSI
Knowledge of SSH/HTTPS protocols and debugging skills
Ability and experience in developing and debugging source code / scripts in a variety of languages (e.g. SQL, Java, .net, Groovy, Python)
Key competences /Additional requirements:
Has a strong functional business and portfolio understanding
Is a Lean-Agile Leader who understands the complexities of large-scale solution development and applies Lean-Agile principles and practices to address them
Enriches professional expertise with profound knowledge of the market, industry, competition and / or technology environment in the area of specialization
Advanced skill in creating and maintaining technical documentation
Advanced knowledge and experience in both waterfall and agile SDLC practices
Advanced skill in configuring and supporting software applications/infrastructure designs in area of specialization
Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend improvements to the organization's use of existing capabilities
Able to explain a complex problem in laymen's terms
Agile and Continuous Delivery, Agile methodologies
Versed in cloud computing/edge cloud technologies
Drive for Results
Building effective virtual teams and motivating other in a matrix organization
Interpersonal communication and collaboration savvy
Technology knowledge, including trends & direction
Industry, Market & Technology Understanding
IT Architectural planning
Application / solution architecture
Information / Data Architecture
3 year’s experience in Solution Design or Solution Ownership and SW development
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Description Prepare and execute the cloud migration journey of applications in Engineering IT Create and execute the digital transformation of the relevant systems(cloud and non-cloud) in EngI [...]
Introduction As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customize [...]
Roles and Responsibilities Position Requirements : - Master's SFDC application area and the integration aspects with other platforms, including a solid understanding of architecture. - Exce [...]
Overview We are seeking a Senior Solution Architect to help with ongoing competitive solutioning activities in areas including custom software product development, web development, enterprise archi [...]