Job Title: Finance Team AVP| Chennai
Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong yet independent client relationships. Support delivery of BIA Audit Plan.
What will you be doing?
- Support the Audit Owner in scoping and execution of audits;
- Identify and assess risks and controls and complete testing;
- Document processes, risk and control assessments and observations in BIA audit toolkit;
- Write high quality audit observations;
- Update the Audit Owner and audit team with progress and observations;
- Engage with key business stakeholders through the process of the audit to identify key risks and form observations
- Perform issues validation test procedures;
- Promote a culture of efficiency through the use Agile and Automated Auditing techniques;
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information for BIA reporting.
What we’re looking for:
- CA / CPA / CFA or similar accounting degree or MBA in Finance or relevant Finance postgraduate degree;
- 8 years’ experience in a first line role managing a team in areas like Financial Control, Financial statements Consolidation & Reporting, Treasury ALCM or in delivering audits of financial processes in those areas
- Experience in Investment Banking financial products, Regulatory and Accounting standards and sound understanding of the relevant risks is key criteria
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to senior technical specialists and senior non-technical individuals
- Specific practical experience in regulatory environments in large PREs in areas like Investment Securities, IFRS consolidation and reporting, Impairments or Treasury reporting
- Strong risk and control understanding of investment bank products and operations
- Knowledge of relevant Regulatory and Accounting standards
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services
- Display willingness and initiative to learn and share knowledge
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Title : AVP CCO CBP - Automation CoE Location : Chennai The primary focus of the role is to drive and execute controls automation and simplification. This includes understanding of end of [...]
Job Title : AVP - CBP - Chief Controls Office Location : Chennai - Support as Control Business Partner and deliver on CCO activities undertaken for BGSC that includes RCSA, Process Reviews, [...]
Job Description About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is [...]
Job: Finance Primary Location: ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Permanent Posting Date: 20/Nov/2020, 3:48:07 AM Unposting Date: Ongoing About St [...]