Job Title : AVP Central BBPLC
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and deliver IFRS9 delivery for the Corporate and the Investment Bank. This will include impairment and classification and measurement work stream including implementation of the new standard for the local entity reporting where applicable.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the quarterly reporting process to ensure the appropriate level of information is captured to comply with all external and internal reporting requirements.
- Assisting with design and implementation of new financial control and reporting process which meets the relevant requirements of the standard.
- Supporting the migration of the loan book to the new system and the impairment calculations and testing of the system
- The role holder will support the UAT testing of new systems (general ledger & upstream) for the changes arising on accounting change.
What we’re looking for:
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Strong academic background – 1st /2nd class honours, minimum bachelor degree from a reputable institution
- Post qualification experience
- Experience in a month-end or quarter-end focused reporting role
- Knowledge and understanding of the key accounting principles under IFRS
- Strong excel skills
- Experience of having worked in a Group reporting role focused on external reporting
- Previous experience with having used either SAP or Hyperion
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong control awareness.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good stakeholder engagement skills and understanding & executing their requirements / expectations
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution
- Eye for detail and exception track record in managing and resolving conflict situations
- Required to provide detailed analysis and information on complex queries/problems and communicate to stakeholders on proposed solutions and recommendations
- Minimal supervisory oversight and able to perform duties with minimal or no guidance
- Assertiveness, tenacious and control focused
Where will you be working?
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will be a part of the development and platform team and will work together with others to assure and provide a better quality of our [...]
Job Description Job Description We have an urgent job opening for Business Advisor (Sales) at Indiafilings Pvt. Ltd. Indiafilings is one of the largest Financial services company. Our Business advi [...]
Job Description We are looking for a Test Engineer that will be a part of the development and platform team and will work together with others to assure and provide a better quality of our product. T [...]
Job Description Delivery Manager Qualification: B Sc, B Com, Relevant Diploma Degrees (CSC, Electronics), BE Responsibility: Business / Customer Understand and articulate complex problems re [...]