AgroStar is India’s foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that map data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last-mile rural connectivity.
We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection, and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
The company is funded by prominent VCs like Chiratae Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures, Bertelsmann, and Accel Partners. AgroStar is the winner of the Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
In The Media
| Fortune | Economic Times | Agribusiness Global | Yourstory | Entreprenuer | Forbes
We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas, and take challenges head-on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there’s always more to do.
Know more about our culture : [email protected]
Our mission of ‘Helping Farmers Win’ is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, here’s more about the role:
- Provide solutions including pesticides and agronomic intervention for better management of insect pests of all crops grown in India.
- Introduce necessary intervention of Integrated pest management practices leveraging deep insight of insect biology and weak points to
- Must apply latest knowledge of MRL and compatibility of various pesticides for preparing various combinations to ensure residue free cultivation of crops.
- Must be understanding pesticide regulations & capability of reviewing the content and labels/leaflets of input products as per CIB/BIS/FCO guidelines
- Prepare & provide end to end training i.e. Package of Practice (POP) to CSRs/FOS on pest management and best agricultural practices. Support/Advise on technical queries escalated by the team.
- Stay updated with current market trends of input products, agriculture related information or requirements, changes and updates.
- Work closely with Procurement, Marketing, Field Sales, Call Centre for preparation of Crop Calendar and select appropriate products to support sales plan activity.
- Support Technology/Marketing team for technical content writing or for technical verification of content.
- Ability to write relevant technical articles for Farmers either for the App/Newsletter etc.
- Contribute towards technical projects related to data verification, uploading, and content by closely working with In-house Tech /External agency like Image processing or other projects.
As an ideal candidate you will require to have:
- Essential qualification: MSc / PhD Agric. Entomology (PhD candidate will be Preferred)
- 4-8 Years of experience in the field / economic entomology with exposure of pest management in multiple crops.
- A solid team player with good communication skills and be able to take webinars for guiding farmers for best practices
- Innovative and research mindset and always be able to challenge status quo to define best pest management practices.
- Comfortable in working on IT system / MS office (80%) & should be able to travel in field (20%)
- Should be having networking with scientific fraternity of SAU/ICAR system and leverage their knowledge for improving the content.
- Excellent knowledge of various field issues of all key crops and their management practices
We are looking for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who want to work at the ‘grass-roots’ level and want to make a difference to India’s biggest sector. We hope this excites you as much as us and looking forward to the next few conversations.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description - Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors. - Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts [...]
We are a professional organisation founded in 2012. We have trained more than 10000 students across all the courses offered by us. Learnopedia is run by highly motivated professionals. We are Looking [...]
- Candidate should be Graduate with min. 1 to 3 years experience of documentation. - Male candidate Preference for Job requirement. - Marathi Typing is mandatory. - Drafting the Document like Le [...]
Job Summary Real Estate Marketing Executive Internship dealing with: - - Ability to operate computer and must be able to effectively use it. - Database generation. - Marketing and Lead Genera [...]