Applied Materials India Pvt Ltd
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to incorporate DFx best practices to optimize product cost, quality and manufacturing cycle time. Leads medium complexity programs in DFX BKM process and tools development. Monitors industry and marketplace trends, exploring new tools and techniques. Mentors more junior DFX engineers.
- Analyzes high complexity designs to ensure components and assemblies are manufacturable and produceable. Collaborates with key suppliers on manufacturability and produceability improvements on designs. Leads medium complexity programs with cross-functional teams to develop produceability, manufacturability, and assembly-related BKMs.
Coaches more junior engineers on how to identify and execute manufacturability, produceability, and assembly improvements according to DFx principles.
- Evaluates and implements high complexity cost reduction ideas to reduce part/assembly costs in the machined, sheet metal, frames, and plastic commodities. Identifies use cases for commonly used OEMs to leverage re-use. Very good knowledge of how cost apportionment drives cost reduction opportunities and priorities. Leads medium complexity programs to develop and improve BKMs in product cost tools and processes. Complexity complex BTP (Build to Print) parts, OEMs, and medium complexity assemblies ; $500 - $1500
- Advanced knowledge of ITO principles. Identifies and implements opportunities to maximize core content, and ensure late configurability in the manufacturing sequence on highly complex modules or products. Leads medium complexity programs with cross-functional teams to develop ITO BKMs. Coaches others on how to identify and execute ITO improvements.
- Advanced understanding of shipping/cargo restrictions by mode of transportation, customer facilities restrictions, and proper labeling. Ensures proper crate packaging on highly complex assemblies/modules to prevent product damage during transportation. Coaches others on how to identify and execute transportability improvements. Leads medium complexity programs with cross functional teams to develop tools and processes that improve transportability. Researches, pilots and implements intelligent packaging technologies.
- Performs virtual review of highly complex assembly/module 3D models and review of initial physical builds to identify and eliminate aesthetic issues (cable routing, color, consistency of mating features/surfaces, etc). Leads medium complexity programs with cross functional teams to development aesthetics-related BKMs. Leverages lessons learned from like products to ensure aesthetic consistency.
- Participates in design reviews, providing advanced level of DFX input focused on manufacturability, produceability, cost, assembly, test, transportability, and aesthetics. Lead PLC DFX workshop (partner with Program Manager) to align on scope for DFX review (functional description, cost apportionment, mfg strategy, etc). Leads medium complexity programs with cross functional teams to develop BKMs in DMU and DFX workshop processes and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with the day-to-day operations, standards, and policies of a semiconductor equipment manufacturing plant or facility.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Education: Bachelors Degree or higher qualification in Mechanical or Production Engineering
Experience: 12 - 15 Years
QualificationsEducation:Bachelor's Degree SkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years Work Experience:Additional InformationTravel:Relocation Eligible:No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Description You will develop graphics, media, display imaging solutions for a range of platforms from traditional PCs to high end datacenter servers. We are seeking for Post-Silicon Validation [...]
Description - Test Development Engineer is responsible for a variety of pre and post-silicon tasks, including: - Developing/optimize new test programs and test content for products and their u [...]
Description - The Xeon Server Solutions(XSS) Group is searching for an energetic, passionate and process oriented DFx engineers who has extensive experience in implementation and verification of D [...]
ASIC Design Engineers / Sr Engineer / MTS / SMTS ASIC Design Engineers / Sr Engineer / MTS / SMTS Job Description: Strong in digital design fundamentals Expertise in micro architecture developmen [...]