About the Role
This process is responsible for investigation of payment inquiries from Global clients (internal/external) that arise due to incorrect SWIFT/Telex/ FED payment instructions and/or investigation of the validity of the funds being transferred to/from the Correspondent Bank.
It also covers multiple inquiry types such as eg. Unable to Apply, Debit Authorization, Amendment & Cancellation, and Return of funds/payments.
- Strictly follow and understand U.S. OFAC Regulations and our internal OFAC Sanction System.
- The team member will be responsible for research, investigation and analyzing routine payment inquiries received via different message types from Remitting Banks,
Beneficiary banks & Intermediary banks.
- Investigation types ranges from simple to moderately complex inquiries including repairing message types and transferring funds from one account to another
- Payment inquiries should be received in an authenticated message i.e. SWIFT, Tested Telex or Fed Serv 1090. Investigations of the payment cases could include identification of types of payment errors, duplicate payments, incorrect recipient/beneficiary, incorrect intermediary bank, or incorrect SWIFT message type used, Sanction, etc…;
- Correction and creation of different SWIFT/CHIPS/Fed Wire payment message types used by the sender; duplicate processing, erroneous or cancelled payments; will all form part of the day to day activities of the Team member.
- Bachelor's degree holder, preferable business course
- 2 years’ experience in banking operations (Commercial Banking or CIB)
- Experience in banking operations or payments/settlements/fund transfers, Trade & Securities, Custody related to banking products
- Knowledge on Message types SWIFT, FED WIRE, CHIPS, Telex and IntelliTRACS system an advantage
- Good in both verbal and written communication skills
- Good investigation and problem solving skills
- Organizational and detail oriented skills
- Sound risk management mindset and good understanding of compliance - AML/OFAC
- Ability to handle high volume and short SLA or turn around time
- Ability to work in changing and fast paced work environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions, able to multi task
- Able to perform shift work and report on public holidays
- In scope - 10 day Required Absence Policy due to Sensitive Position
Market Skills and Certifications
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for co [...]
About J.P. Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, f [...]
Title Client Data Specialist JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment [...]
JPMorgan Chase & Co. Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more [...]