WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers in 2020, is rapidly growing and eager to add new members to our technical team. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Data Scientist for a full-time, permanent position.
The main objective of the Data Science Team is to improve WalletHub's services and core product. This has a direct impact on the overall user experience.
Making the right personal finance decisions by sifting through vast amounts of available information can be a daunting task for almost anyone. This is because a large number of interrelated factors need to be taken into account when making such decisions.
By designing and constructing data-driven models, the Data Science Team is able to provide our users with indispensable knowledge and meaningful advice on how they can achieve their personal finance goals.
Such goals include:
- selecting the best financial products for your needs
- taking the right actions to improve your credit score
- anticipating your future financial health based on your current financial status and history
With these goals in mind, our Data Scientists use the latest cloud technologies and machine learning tools in order to exploit the potential of data analytics. We always have new and interesting projects on the horizon that aim to help our users reach their personal finance aspirations!
- Modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques
- Participating in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Proposing innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available
- Designing experiments, testing hypotheses, and building models
- Conducting advanced data analysis and designing highly complex algorithm
- Applying advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- Min. 8 years experience in Python, MySQL (or any relational database) and Java (Spring)
- Min. 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience with databases (including NoSQL)
- Experience in machine learning frameworks and libraries
- Supervised and Unsupervised learning
- Machine learning concepts and techniques: Regularization, Boosting, Random Forests, Decision Trees, Bayesian models, Neural networks, Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Experience with the whole ETL data cycle (extract, validate, transform, clean, aggregate, audit, archive)
- Computer Science or Mathematics or Physics degree
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Willingness to work hard (50 hrs per week)
Nice to have but not required
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Natural Language Processing (tokenization, tagging, sentiment analysis, entity recognition, summarization)
- R programming language
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Health benefits (in case you will be working from our office in Washington, D.C.)
- Visa sponsorship (in case you will be working from our office in Washington, D.C.)
Expected work schedule is 50 hours/week, Monday to Friday. Please be aware this position requires a full overlap with EST business hours (8AM - 7PM ET, including 1 hr break).
Although we appreciate your interest in working with us, due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
More about WalletHub
WalletHub is a high-growth fintech company based in Washington, DC that is looking for talented, hard-working individuals to help us reshape personal finance. More specifically, we are harnessing the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to build the brain of a smart financial advisor, whose services we’re offering to everyone for free. The WalletHub brain enables users to make better financial decisions in a fraction of the time with three unique features:
1) Customized Credit-Improvement Tips: WalletHub identifies improvement opportunities and guides you through the necessary corrections.
2) Personalized Money-Saving Advice: WalletHub’s savings brain constantly scours the market for load-lightening opportunities, bringing you only the best deals.
3) Wallet Surveillance: Personal finance isn’t as scary with 24/7 credit monitoring providing backup, notifying you of important credit-report changes.
In addition to the valuable intelligence the brain provides, WalletHub is the first and only service to offer free credit scores and full credit reports that are updated on a daily basis absent of user interaction, rather than weekly or monthly and only when a user logs in. Some other services hang their hats on free credit scores and reports, yet they’re still inferior to what WalletHub considers minor pieces to a much larger puzzle.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Employement Type: Full time Industry: Banking Functional Area: Customer Service Role Category: Telesales Executive Role/Responsibilies: Telecaller Company: I Cap Financial Services Location(s): Bengal [...]
- Blood Sample Collection - Visiting Health Camp Across the city. - Comfortable travelling inside city - Flexible timing - Camp Timing- Morning & Evening 4 Hrs. - 3 Months Contractual Positi [...]
Candidate will be responsible for generating new leads, providing company prospects to the customers, Meeting them F2F and get the business done for the company. Job Description - - Sale Person - [...]
Job Profile: Graphic Designer Roles and responsibilities: - Develop and design, or provide support for, a wide variety of creative marketing solutions, such as websites, advertising, magazines, po [...]