Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
- The Senior Software Engineer will be a member of the Engineering R&D; team working on the software development and support of medical devices. Works closely with other members of the engineering staff to provide technical solutions to engineering problems.
- The Senior Software Engineer will participate in the creation of design documentation, software code, software unit test plans, and other project artifacts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates, as a member of software project or sub-project team(s), in the development of software applications for product / test tools
- Adheres to defined development procedures.
- Generates high-quality work products.
- Translates requirements/specifications into design, and ultimately software.
- Participates in requirements, design and code reviews as they pertain to software designs.
- Participates in other activities, such as performing hazard and risk analysis, reviews of designs and tests, etc.
- Functions well in a team environment
- Demonstrates good coding practices.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to the Sr. Engineering Supervisor/Engineering Manager
- Accountable to Project Manager(s) for project-related responsibilities
- Frequent interaction with team members from other disciplines, particularly hardware engineers, to develop project requirements and other project artifacts such as project schedules. Possible interaction with clinicians, third-party vendors, manufacturers, subcontractors and other users.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- 8+ years embedded software development experience.
- Hands on advanced MATLAB/Simulink programming experience
- Hands-on experience on QNX 7
- Hands on experience in Python /Test Automation
- Experience in SQL lite Database
- Software Development testing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Extensive experience in firmware development preferably in medical devices domain
- Strong design and development experience , Advanced C++ is preferable.
- Software Unit testing knowledge
- Embedded application development experience is required.
- Should be familiar with X86 and ARM microprocessor architectures.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable and have experience in software engineering processes and software life-cycle in general.
- Object-Oriented Design and Implementation is required.
- Good understanding of multithreading in both, design and implementation
- Experience with projects that require hardware /software interfacing
- Working knowledge of Linux, VxWorks and QNX operating systems are preferable
- Knowledge of basic communication protocols like serial and wireless
- Medical instruments development experience is preferable
- Experience with a documented software development processes or familiarity with FDA and ISO standards like IEC 62304 is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- Required: - B.E or B.Tech in Computer Sciences, Electronics or Electrical Engineer.
- Preferred: - M.E or M.Tech in Computer Sciences, Electronics or Electrical Engineer.
SHORT-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (6-12 MONTHS)
- Demonstrate strong analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Demonstrate strong design and development skills
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on tools and technologies
- Establish trusting relationship with the team and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate problem solving capabilities.
- Deliver on project commitments.
LONG-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (1+ YEAR)
- Learn and demonstrate Product and Domain understanding
- Demonstrate solid understand of Software Development Lifecycle
- Consistently deliver on Project commitments
- Posting Date: Jan 5, 2021
- Travel: No
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help [...]
Job Description: Sr. Data Engineers execute on architecture vision and strategy to build the next generation data engineering platforms by designing flexible data pipelines and services that can e [...]
Job Description Responsibilities Good understanding in Big data concepts and experience writing hive and shell scripts Real time experience in writing complex hive queries, execution and validatio [...]
Job Description Has strong experience in Power BI Service Power BI Desktop Experience in writing DAX functions Has strong experience in creating complex reports using all kind of visualizati [...]