Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
DIMENSION & SCOPE:
This ‘Sales Support’ role is responsible for assisting Ciena India leadership team with evolving India business to the next level, while improving on the key internal processors and best practices
This role (contractor)
is expected to work across multiple internal Ciena organizations (sales, commercial, operations) and external organizations ( end customer, government, industry bodies). This includes responsibility for articulating what the Market is looking for, what our Customer’s needs are.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help build strategies to expand Ciena business in ‘Sub-sea and internal businesses’ areas.
- Help Ciena India in outlining our pitch around “Local Value Add” in front of the private sector as well as assist Ciena in understanding customers perspective around the same.
- Help sales teams in developing strategies for timely cash collections : improve cash forecasting, reduce DSO’s and dispute resolution efforts.
- Help Sales Teams to document what are the various stepping stones in the customers environment before cash payments are released so that we can better plan our cash collection efforts.
- Ciena India cost optimizations initiatives in the sub-sea space
- Drive regional teams to implement a consistent methodology to drive to the Ciena advanced services consultative vision
- Bachelor in Science in Business Administration or Engineering preferred - with telecommunications, networking or communications systems concentration.
- Min 10 Years in relevant industry for Services Sales experience with successful and progressive track record of accomplishment, leadership and increasing responsibility
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written) when interacting with both internal and external customers
- Effective interpersonal skills that can both persuade and influence decision making and strategic thinking
- Balance of skills contributing at a senior level (CxO engagements) and “rolling up sleeves”.
- Proactive & Effective collaborator
- Strong gravitas and presence
- Highly motivated, a self starter
- Ability to think strategically about new business opportunities.
- Ability to work and operate within a matrix organization
- History of successful change/delivery sales engagements
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders in driving Ciena Consultative engagements
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Senior quality Executive M.Sc / MBA / Diploma or Certificate in Intellectual Property Management. Computers knowledge and knowledge of Quality Adherence and Checking Tools. 3 5 year, [...]
Sr.Executive / Assistant Manager- International Sales Andheri West (Mumbai) , [...]
Dear Reader, We, at JOY TRIP, are looking for individuals who can promote our business (only on internet) in travel & tourism (part time/full time) & provide customer service to people across India. [...]
Management Trainee: (Junior Research Analyst) B.Sc and computers knowledge / BBA / MB, [...]