Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Ciena’s Blue Planet division is seeking a Software Engineer to develop extended capabilities of our leading automation platform. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with Blue Planet’s Intelligent Automation Solution and showcase our platform thru solution demos.
The suite of solution demos provides demonstration capabilities for our sales teams and partners to experience our orchestration, assurance, service order management, and inventory solutions.
As part of the Solution Development and Demo team, you will be responsible for developing extended SW capabilities thru our platform’s APIs and SDK. If you have experiences on software development & scripting and have passion to build leading-edge automation solution demos, we would like to talk to you!
Role & Responsibilities
- You will work within an agile development environment with our Engineering team to design, develop, and deliver SW extensions for solution demos.
- Develop new software micro-services, libraries, and features for Resource Adapters (RAs), NETCONF/YANG based device simulators, and tool to auto generate data models and RA pipelines
- Participate in all phases of solution demo development cycle – plan, design, implement, document, and testing.
- You are a motivated self-starter who is highly results driven, takes enormous pride in your work & demonstrates a high degree of enthusiasm for demo excellence & ongoing self-development.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms & design patterns
- 5+ years of development experience – preferably on languages such Java / GoLang / Python
- Basic understanding of networking including L0/L1/L2/L3 Switching & Routing, NETCONF, YANG
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Ability to write understandable, reliable and testable code with minimum supervision
Desirable knowledge or experience in (a plus – not mandatory)
- Distributed, Highly-Available systems running at large scale
- Distributed platforms and stream processing using Kafka or similar systems
- Cloud environments (e.g., Docker, AWS, Openstack etc)
- Fundamentals of SDN and NFV (Network function virtualization)
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About VERITAS Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability, protection, an [...]
Job Description Role Description Were looking for a Voice developer with professional experience of more than 3 years. You will take on a central role in developing our products using open source tel [...]
Job Description Role Description Were looking for a Mobile Application Developer who loves to tackle challenging problems with firm grasp on mobile technologies having more than 1 year of experience. [...]
- Project Role :Application Lead - Project Role Description :Lead the effort to design, build and configure applications, acting as the primary point of contact. - Management Level :9 - Work Exp [...]