Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
MANAGER, LOGIC DESIGN
The Manager of Logic Design is leading a multi-disciplinary team of individual contributors to support FPGA development programs for packet networking hardware acceleration of Ethernet, MPLS, and IP OAM and SAT (Service Activation Testing) protocols, statistics, packet timing,
TDM circuit emulation, as well as, system glue logic for packet access switching and routing platforms. The role is responsible overall protocol acceleration architecture, logic design, and logic verification, working in conjunction with Product Line Management (PLM) and Product Line Architecture (PLA) teams, as well as, system design and QA teams. Responsibilities also include logic design CAD and simulation tools, vendor and device selection, and commercial negotiations in coordination with Supply Chain Opeations (SCO) Procurement, on-going roadmap feature enhancements for production products, supporting production or customer design issues, and sustaining engineering for component end-of-life requalification. The role is part of an R&D; organization that designs, releases and sustains Packet Switching and Router products and associated optics and accessories for deployment in large telco carriers, MSOs, and enterprise managed service providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the multi-functional team of individual contributors to support logic design activity and product release, based on program priorities, which tend to change from time to time
- Coordinate and collaborate with other teams within the platform design organization and outside teams, such as PLM, PLA, hardware and software development, QA, and SCO
- Participate in formal and informal cross functional meetings to stay in sync with other teams’ activity and needs, report status of logic design activity, schedules, risks and dependencies
- Track design activities and ensure product release tasks are being performed on time to meet committed product release schedule and/or flag risks and issues to management to trigger a recovery plan
- Proactively manage project risk through the development and execution of a risk management plan to ensure issues/risks are assessed and mitigated
- Manage, track, and report project status (schedule, content, quality, product cost, and project cost). Proactively manage performance to project contract parameters, escalating to management when parameters are at risk of being exceeded
- Document and communicate project status, obstacles and resolutions to management
- Support logic sustaining for requalification/recertification as required for component EOL, supply chain component shortages and alternate sources, and production yield issues as required to support on-going production of systems
- Lead, guide, mentor, train and develop team members
- Participate in, or lead, process improvement initiatives as assigned
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interface effectively with subordinates, peers and senior management. Ability to listen, persuade and achieve win-win negotiation results
- People management / leadership skills
- Project management skills, such as organizing and planning projects, establishing goals and monitoring performance, assessing risks, and anticipating and efficiently resolving problems
- Team building skills – empower and motivate cross-functional team members, including suppliers, to achieve common goals
- Leadership skills – display persistence, vision and positive attitude
- Self-starter with positive attitude
- Team orientation, organized, and capable of independent work
- Multitasking: able to manage many projects simultaneously, and appropriately determine priorities
- Acumen for problem solving. Ability to lead in an environment of change – flexibility, creativity and patience
- Ability to learn and grasp technical concepts related to products being developed
- Able to work effectively and communicate at all levels within the Ciena workforce
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Experience in leading and managing a team of individuals, preferably in telecom and MSO networking or similar hardware design environments
- Experience in any of the following areas of design is preferred: ASIC Design and System Design
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 10+ years of Related experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Responsible for generating revenue through given sales leads. Calling prospective leads that are generated by internal/external sources. Scheduling and conducting regular meetings with the Customers [...]
Project Description: Join us as a DevOps Designer, and manage Non-Production Environment estate and the Production deployments for the domain/platform. What the Business does: The department i [...]
Experience on Java Full Stack Development: Required Technical Skills: 1. Should have good understanding and hands-on experience with Core Java. 1. Must understand the concepts 2. Also, able to De [...]
About the company: Founded in 2012, All India Technical and Management Council (AITMC) is a prestigious non-governmental organization that articulates the interests and needs of industries, educatio [...]