Infrastructure Engineer Network & Telecom will install, configure, monitor and maintain, networking, VOIP, equipment, telco circuits, maintain/monitor performance and security, create and sustain documentation, assist with security tasks and monitoring to meet strict global uptime SLAs.
Monitor large computer networks and servers for problems from a central location. Analyze problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response on the system, communicate with site technicians and track problems through to resolution.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Expert in the management and monitoring of a network from centralized location.
- Manage, and provide advice on, the selection, design,
justification, implementation, cost and operation of network, telecom and unified communications related projects
- Contribute to the network, telecom and unified communications structural frameworks (hardware, software and other components) which meet the present and future requirements of the business.
- Advise on staffing of network, telecom and unified communications related projects with internal and external subject matter experts as part of global and regional programs.
- Ensure that all new network, telecom and unified communications services are delivered to the business with the right service levels.
- Ensure that all network, telecom and unified communications investments are managed through their full economic life cycle to optimize its value.
- Implement continuous performance measurement within the network, telecom and unified communications to identify, prioritize, initiate and manage services and initiatives.
- Facilitate scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes related to the network, telecom and unified communications infrastructure, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Coordinates with and enable the IT services operational and support teams to perform pre-defined standard adds, moves, and changes.
- Specify and design complex network, telecom and unified communications systems.
- Create and maintain overall network, telecom and unified communications plans to support the organization’s business strategy.
- Select appropriate design, product models, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Review others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements
- Contribute to the policy for selection of architecture components
- Maintain complete documentation of the global network, telecom and unified communications components including H/W& S/W, support contracts, equipment EOL etc.
- Manage the contracts, relationships and performance of the global carrier(s)
- Plan and develop capacity planning roadmap
- Coordinate with regional team members for circuit management, payments, etc.
- Making sure of having a single view of global network, telecom and unified communications systems.
- Coordinate with global carrier & service provider members for setting up clear process to handle trouble tickets, payments, complains etc.
- Analyze the opportunities provided by emerging technologies and evaluate the impact and risks of major design options to maximize implementation benefits to Momentive.
- Take responsibility for the management of network, telecom and unified communications testing activities within a development or integration project or program.
- Manage all risks associated with the testing and take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Managing global network, telecom and unified communications infrastructure (LAN, MAN, WAN, WLAN, Remote-Access, VOIP, Telecommunication, etc …) and identifying improvement opportunities
- Contributing and adhering to standards
- Reviewing and approving major global network, telecom and unified communications platform, technology, standards, and policy changes as part of change control and project processes.
- Evaluating and running proof of concepts for new global network, telecom and unified communications technologies and solutions.
- Leading the development and presentation of global network, telecom and unified communications and business cases to senior executives.
- Owning the relationships with the global Telecom providers, and ensuring that all SLAs are met.
- Act as the forward looking person for Momentive IT global network, telecom and unified communications.
- On an ongoing basis, examine current operational processes to identify and suggest potential operational improvements that will positively impact productivity, service, and safety, environmental and cost performance.
Key Metrics (KPI's):
- Service satisfaction
- Infrastructure component availability/response time
- Service unit costs
- Project deployment time effectiveness
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Introduction As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive s [...]
Job Expectations The Data Scientist job expectations typically ( 80%-90% of the work ) include performing descriptive statistical analysis, data visualization and support troubleshooting service offe [...]
Roles and Responsibilities - Detail Diabetes focussed food products to doctors to positively influence prescribing and advocating behaviours - Arranging appointments with doctors and pharmacists, [...]
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and hardworking Junior Recruiter to assist with our recruiting activities. As a Junior Recruiter, you will be responsible for posting job applications online, ex [...]