BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design — typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
• Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Strong research skills.
• Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
• Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
• Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Design and work with complex data models.
• Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position: Sr. Software Engineer/TL Salesforce Location: Gurgaon (Cyber City) Experience: 5-8 Years Job description Salesforce Platform Certified Developer Experience with various full-cycle software d [...]
Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services techno [...]
Position: Sr. Software Engineer/TL Salesforce Location: Gurgaon (Cyber City) Experience: 5-8 Years Job description Salesforce Platform Certified Developer Experience with various full- [...]
Job Responsibilities - End to end delivery new features. - Constantly strive to improve software development process and team productivity. - Mentor and train team members - Take ownership of the pro [...]