Cognizant Technology Solutions
Test Program Manager
Graduate (Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or related field) Responsibility:
Test Requirement Analysis:
Review/approve Estimations, Project/ Sprint Planning effort.
Review requirements and design specifications with an emphasis towards product testability.
Review/approve test strategy.
Maintaining an expert level awareness of relevant software design techniques, automation tools and processes, development tools and processes, providing leadership in the use of these across the organisation area.
Understands the product & technical design docs, complex algorithm to create test case.
Test Strategy and Test Planning:
Create / review the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, defects delivered, detail explanation of particular release, risk dependencies, critical defects, scheduling, volume of test data, exit and entry criteria, team structure roles and responsibility) as required.
* Create / review test plans.
* Seek review / signoff from internal and external stakeholders as required.
Identify resource requirements.
Review test scripts / test suites created by team members.
* Provide sign off on test test scripts / cases / data.
Define the scripting standards.
Review the workload.
Review the test set up and test scripts/code created by the team.
Understands the product & technical design docs, complex algorithm to create test scenarios/scripts.
* Participate sprint planning sessions with collaborative effort involving ScrumMaster, a Product Owner and the Entire Agile Team, who define the work and effort necessary to meet their sprint commitment.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns):
Design & code unit, component, integration, service/API and system automated testing for all new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality, producing appropriate documentation.
Plan and prioritize tests in fast paced agile development.
Design sanity, smoke & regression suites through manual & automated test.
* Collaborate with developers/architects to understand high level design, low level design components & identify suitable automation tools, techniques & framework to be leveraged.
Proficient in object oriented design and design patterns.
Address technical issues of the team.
Perform code reviews and quality document review.
Design & deploy code.
Monitor various builds delivered by the development team.
Organize and conduct defect triage meeting.
Test Case walkthrough and seek customer sign off inclusive of Prioritization of Test cases & suggest Optimization options for test execution.
Coding Practices & Defect Management:
Adherence to standards, processes and schedules defined by project/release.
Define holistic view of quality on Domain, User experience, Black box, White box testing.
Able commit task level effort and deliver activities on time.
Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
Speak the developer language.
Performance Development Process.
Support Quality Assurance goals.
Adhere to all customer standards, policies and governance practices.
Comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases.
* Involvement with development teams, architects early in the project life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture design, coding standards, deployment environment, deployment methodologies.
* Defect management/ defect triage.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing):
Monitor the test execution and prepare/review the test summary report.
Isolate, replicate, report and verify defect fixes.
Identify and act on performance issues and tackle applications intermittent failures.
Maximize code coverage with implementation of static and dynamic analysis tools.
Troubleshoot automation framework issues and support team members with resolution.
Create robust test automation scripts.
Support during code deployment.
* Provide assistance or trouble shooting of any issues during CI/CD activities.
* Identify industry best practices & provide suggestions/recommendations on CI/CD activities.
* Institionalize Continuous Integration, Deployment and Continuous.
* Delivery as bestpractices across all projects/portfolios for keeping application deployable at any point or even pushing main codebase automatically into production whenever new changes are brought into it.
Technology consulting Research & analysis:
Work alongside developer and help in fixing low priority defects.
Develop medium/ low priority user stories.
Creation of unit test cases for the user stories developed.
Develop & customize automation frameworks.
Support developers with simple html styles.
Help in technical interviews.
Assist in BD activities and respond to RFPs.
Develop and sustain positive relationships with peers.
* Address grievances/escalation/people issues.
* Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers.
* Mentor/Coach team members on new industry tools/technologies.
* Provide assistance/support to new joinees during early engagement in the project.
* Conduct goal setting, performance appraisals, constructive feedback mechanism provisioning.
Knowledge & Innovation Management:
* Share information on the project health through weekly calls with client.
* Participate in a monthly governance meeting (Progress on each application.
* Create supporting ecosystems for innovations across the team/portfolio.
* Create reward & recognition processess for innovations.
* Create project specific innovation labs/rooms for fostering innovations, brainstorm ideas & compete.
* Mentor/Coach for team members to create innovation through tools/processess & nominate for Cognizant innovation awards.
Project, Configuration & release Management:
Work with the Quality Assurance organization to ensure established procedures, standards and processes are utilized consistently.
Maintains quality standards for own work.
* Review deliverables across different phase STLC to ensure quality.
Develop and sustain positive relationships with peers.
Provide technical support and coaching to team members regarding automated testing and optimizing testability of code.
Identify & hands on experience with source control, build and deployment tools.
Must Have Skills
Good To Have Skills
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description We, are hiring for HDFC Life interested candidate can apply here. Responsibilities: - Overall responsibility of driving business in Bank mapped branches through Branch Banking Ve [...]
Job Description 1. Technical lead - ITSM Job Description: Technical Manager ITSM ITIL Consultant 8 to 10 years of experience in IT Process Excellence Roles Good Experience in ITIL Based Service M [...]
Skill Set: ADOBE EXPERIENCE MANAGER Total Experience: 4.00 to 10.00 Years Job Post Date: 16/04/2021 Job Expiry Date: 20/05/2021 Domain: IT Location: BENGALURU [India] Job Summary Job descriptio [...]
Every individual here can bring their purpose to life through their work. Join us and you ll be surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers. Among them, you ll channel your purpose, bring fre [...]