We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do,
driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth™, CloudForte®, InteliServe™
What success looks like in this role:
This position focuses on the Clients Disaster Recovery Solution, Exercise Planning, Execution followed by Reporting and Recommendations for improvement. This role is subject to Unisys billing rates, productivity, utilization and total chargeability metrics. Only billable/direct client chargeable employees are to be placed in this role. Designs or modifies business processes and the corresponding information technology solutions. Performs analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, researching gaps and providing process and/or development solutions. Acts as liaison between the business users and IT. Makes recommendations to address specific business needs for information technology based solutions focusing on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. Collaborates with multiple cross-functional areas externally and internally in the implementation of system and disaster recovery processes. Defines system scope and objectives as well as the content of required documentation. Evaluates new software products to determine their applicability to current and future IT environments. Manages vendor relationships including issue notifications and follow-up until resolution. Evaluates new applications and identifies systems requirements. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems. Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives. Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Applies a broad range of theories, concepts, principles, and methodologies to assignments involving complex features. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Guide the client through joint Disaster Recovery Planning and design sessions to define business requirements.
- Identify and develop use cases based on client requirements.
- Verify requirements through analysis, test, demonstration and inspection.
- Lead and analyze business processes/systems, identify inefficiencies and required controls, document procedures, and track KPI’s.
- Manage requirements through review and approval session, where project schedules, costs and duration estimates are updated and the business objectives are revisited.
- Collaborate with internal and external users/customers to elicit business concerns and develop workable solutions.
- Work with the QA team to prepare test scenarios and data.
- Document and manage business and functional requirements.
- Analyze business processes/systems, identify inefficiencies and required controls, document procedures, and track KPI’s.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to elicit business concerns and develop workable solutions.
- Participate in planning initiatives, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analyses, and new systems design.
- Work with the QA team to prepare test scenarios and data.
- Review user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Provide functional solution and clarification on the inter-module dependencies.
- Provide thought leadership in one of the functional areas, handle queries and competency building in respective functional area.
- Determine a project’s requirements by extracting them from business or government policies, as well as from current and future users, through interaction and research.
- Anticipate future requirements to achieve successful outcomes.
- Constrain requirements when necessary and focus on core business needs, rather than users’ personal preferences, functions related to trends or outdated processes, or other non-essential modifications.
- Organize requirements into related categories to effectively manage and communicate them.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements. This includes using powerful analysis and modeling tools to match strategic business objectives with practical technical solutions.
- At regular intervals in the project life cycle, safeguard and protect the business and user’s needs by verifying functionality, accuracy and completeness of the requirements against the original documents. Safeguarding minimizes risk by ensuring requirements are being met before investing further in system development.
- Emphasize simplicity and ease of use at all times, especially in implementation.
- Identify and avoid extraneous activities that do not solve the problem or help reach the objective.
- In application maintenance, the focus is on preventing and correcting defects; enhancements, or making changes to increase the value provided by the system.
- May lead a small team of business analysts or direct activities of others on the project depending on size and scope.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Notice For U.S. Applicants: Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sys Ops Admin, Cloud EXPERIENCE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - 4+ years of experience in cloud technologies, especially in AWS & Azure, with overall IT experience of 7-8 plus years. - Experienc [...]
Job Description Role Competencies Technology > Lync / or Skype for Business , Skype for Business Online, MS Teams. > L2/L3 level experience in Lync/Skype management. > Expert knowle [...]
Job Description Lead Administrator Qualification: Bachelor's in engineering or equivalent Responsibility: Project Planning & Setup: Plan for hardware and the software requirements and [...]
About the team Flipkart Security Team Proactively protects Flipkart Group BUSINESS & EMPLOYEES by implementing & improving TECHNOLOGY driven INTEGRATED RISK MANAGEMENT program, by mitigating EMERGING [...]