Save the Children
MEAL Officer - (210001XY)
Monitoring Evaluation and Accountability and Learning Officer
LOCATION: Amran with 20% field visit to Sana'a
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The MEAL Officer role will seek to establish, implement and manage monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning in the Amran field office. S/he will work closely with SCI staff (and partners), by providing training and coaching on data collection methodologies/tools, facilitate evaluations, guidance on information sharing and feedback mechanisms.
S/he will also be maintaining the beneficiaries’ data bases and IPTT.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of sub-office
Staff reporting to this post: MEAL Assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting against the monthly IPTTs (Indicator Performance Tracking Tables) for all projects in supported governorates, run IPTT Review Meetings and compile/follow up on action points.
- Implement the quality benchmarks of SCI and do the data collection, analyzing, reviewing and reporting them as per the schedule of MEAL plan.
- Ensure accurate data collection of Programs Mapping.
- Promote accountability to beneficiaries by conducting accountability assessments and supporting program staff to develop information sharing materials. Promote beneficiary participation (adults and children) in project activities and in all M&E; activities. Ensure the setup of complaints, feedback and response mechanism and ensure that the community was provided with the adequate feedback about the project.
- Develop output and outcome level data collection tools (as per project M&E; plans) and ensure tools are used to collect timely data for all projects (in coordination with project managers)
- Undertake regular visits to field sites to support on monitoring. Using quality checklists conduct bi-monthly monitoring visits to monitor the quality of implementation. Enter the results in the database and debrief with program staff.
- Assist all project staff understands the project logframe, indicators and targets.
- Contribute to the design of MEAL plans for all new activities and attend progress meetings.
- Be available and willing to support all programme staff on any aspect of MEAL, specifically on baselines, evaluations, monitoring quality and outcome, and overall assessment of progress against targets.
- Create calendar to track M&E; assessments, surveys, and baselines for all activities.
- Develop TORs for external consultants as needed
- Write reports and ensure reported data is accurate
- Ensure that lessons learned and good practice case studies from reviews and evaluations are recorded, communicated to the team and taken into account in implementation.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, international development or any other relevant discipline
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3 years' experience working in international development and/or humanitarian work, and experience of working on M&E; and/or accountability.
- Experience of both qualitative and quantitative data collection, including conducting focus groups discussions and other methodologies.
- Knowledge of project management cycle and how MEAL relates to PMC
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on accountability initiatives, such as child participation, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact well with people (including children) and proven experience of building strong relationships with community members
- A confident, flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to work independently, to be proactive in working with others, a willingness and commitment to work long hours and/or over weekends and to spend considerable amount of time in remote field sites.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI's aims, values and principles
- Awareness of international accountability standards including HAP (Humanitarian Accountability Partnership) and a demonstrated commitment to promoting these standards in ways of working and project implementation.
- Experience of working with an international NGO in Yemen region.
- Experience of working on beneficiary participation, information sharing and setting up or running complaints mechanisms
- Experience of effectively communicating findings to internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience of working with children, ideally using child-friendly data collection methodologies
- Good Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Capacity to organize and supervise the work of the team.
- Good human relations and diplomacy.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent Computer skills especially the use of (Word, Excel, PPT... Etc.).
- Fluency at English is essential.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
Additional job responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2021
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.