Job Title : AVP - Chief Control Office – Market Ops
Location : Chennai
Support as Control Business Partner and deliver on CCO activities undertaken for BGSC that includes RCSA, Process Reviews, Governance, Control Assurances, Issues and Risk Events management per the group policies and standards. The primary focus is on evaluation of controls, policies, procedures and standards across processes to identify design and operational control weaknesses and drive remedial actions for improving the business control environment.
Co-ordinate and support CCO Teams across geographies.
Track and monitor control issues, perform control issue / action remediation.
Ensure and Promote adherence to Barclays Control Framework
Provide support and guidance to aid the resolution of business risk and control issues.
Undertake process deep dives, thematic and targeted reviews basis risk profiling, analysis or specific request from the business head.
What will you be doing?
Co-ordinate and deliver on Barclays policy, standards and operating model in place with regards to Control Assurance activities for BGSC processes.
Assist and support to ensure adherence to Assurance framework/methodology and operationally efficient and effective, considering risk appetite extensive knowledge that the role holder must hold.
Up to date with regard to CCO obligations under the Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Supports Business and Functions ensuring delivery of the right level of operational assurance requirements.
Supports in providing assurance to the Process head/CEO re confidence in the control framework in place.
Proactively identifying continuous improvements to the financial control environment and associated framework, supporting policies, methodologies and applications in relation to assurance activity.
Provide review and challenge to the Functions/Process Owners in respect of control weaknesses and risk exposure.
Check conformance with the Group Policies across the Functions/Processes to identify the key business process risks, determine the effectiveness of operational controls and drive out remedial actions for improving the business control framework
Act as a role model and drive proactive application of Barclays Behaviors throughout the team
What we’re looking for :
- Chartered Accountant/ Certified Internal Auditor/ CPA or equivalent qualification in Auditing or Risk Management/Graduate or Post Graduate with experience in Controls i.e. Controls Business Partner or Control Assurance and Tester and Operational Risk Management
- Extensive experience in Internal Audit, Control Business Partnership, Controls Assurance & Testing and Operational Risk Management.
- Comprehensive understanding of governance and control frameworks and processes, and all aspects of operational risk management. Highly motivated, business-focussed and forward-thinking.
- Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management, ability to communicate internal control concepts clearly in a business context. Ability to manage reporting lines and relationships across multiple disciplines.
- Controls Experience in areas viz. KYC, Financial Crime, AML, Customer Due Diligence, Sanctions, Trade Operations, Credit Lending, Personal Banking Operations, Cards & Payments, Global Payments, Markets, Reference Data etc.
Skills that will help you in the role
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment.
- Experience of designing, communicating & implementing internal control policies.
- Proficient in use of MS Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Knowledge of internal control and regulatory requirements & practice e.g. Turnbull, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, Basel II Accord relating to operational risk preferred.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description JOB PURPOSE: To provide technical support for the manufacturing process in the designated area. DIMENSIONS: Position holder Internal customers External customers E [...]
Job Description Responsibilities - Overall 3 to 4 years of relevant IT experience with 3+ years Server-side development experience in Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, etc. - Experience websi [...]
Need Hindi workers 50 persons Urgent Factory worker canteen , esi pf available [...]
We are hiring Female sales coordinator with 1 or 2 year of experience in the similar field. Preferred qualification : BE/Btech-E.E.E,E.C.E,E&I; Job type : Full Time Location: Chennai,K K Nagar Res [...]