Job Title : AVP – PC Treasury
- Produce daily desk PL including commentaries, investigate Flash/Formal differences
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong internal control environment. Review key controls: FOBOs, adjustment substantiation and New, Amends & Cancels trades review
What will you be doing?
- Perform daily P&L;, P&L; attribution, P&L; commentary, Investigate Flash vs. Formal differences
- Develop a sound understanding of daily processes – “the what”, “the why” and “the how”.
- Review P&L; attributions and prepare commentaries and other MI
- Maintain trader mandate, monitor Volcker limits.
- Submit Clean & Hypo P&L; for back-testing
- Attend to ad hoc queries from the traders and other infrastructure partners relating to trading revenue and Balance Sheet.
Weekly / Monthly Responsibilities
- Balance Sheet control and commentary, Month End adjustments and Balance Sheet Substantiation
- Perform key weekly & monthly reporting to senior management.
- Attend to queries from internal and external audit and reviews and maintain key stroke documentations for key PC processes, risk assessment and SOX documentation.
- Ensure that a strong internal control environment is maintained at all times. Review key controls: FOBOs, adjustment substantiation and New, Amends & Cancels trades review
- Identify and drive process re-engineering and constantly challenge current processes for improvement and efficiency
- Raise any control weaknesses to the team. Brainstorm with the team to come up with an action plan.
- Good financial product knowledge
- Appreciation and understanding of financial markets
- Experienced with MS office toolkit (Word, PPT, Excel, Access Database etc)
- Be Self Motivated and Proactive to take initiative and improve the end product.
- Work well within the team and portray high standards of team work.
- Ask questions and challenge status quo. Do not assume that every current practice is the best practice. Question and satisfy yourself with the reasons for doing certain things in a certain way.
Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
What we’re looking for :
- Strong technical accounting ability, incl. ability to effectively communicate technical material to non-experts
- Good knowledge of SAP, treasury systems and excel
- Excellent attention to detail – maintains excellent control over designated areas with adequate documentation and audit trails Strong initiative and problem solving skills
Skills that will help you in the role
- Working knowledge of, or desire to learn about, hedge accounting under IFRS an advantage
- Prior experience in Hedge accounting
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home. Barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Front End Developer should have technical skills and strong interpersonal skills to be effective on the job, including: Proficiency in website programming languages such as HTML, [...]
Job Description Job Description Manager - Asset Servicing Strong understanding of capital market ? Asset Servicing ? Trade Processing ? Reconciliation Must have knowledge on asset servicing regarding [...]
Job Description Knowledge of Manhattan WMOS application v2013 or higher Understand a company's functional, technical and process needs to create supporting documentation and solution requirements [...]
Job Description Job Description AVP Asset Service & Corporate Actions Looking for candidates from investment banking background having strong expertise in Asset service, corporate actions, dividentd, [...]