Dell International Services IndiaPrivate Limited
Job Title: Lab Support Engineer 2
Lab Support Engineering is at the heart of a worldwide lab operations team providing 24x7 lab access, service and solutions support in multiple locations. Independent and flexible, team members are always ready to adapt to the changing daily priorities. They make an impact in all kinds of ways – from installing and maintaining servers and storage equipment within the fast-paced lab computing environment, through to providing top-level technical expertise and support to engineering departmental users. What’s more, they work with engineering teams to create hardware configuration test plans in support of software development.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Lab Support Engineer 2 on our IEO Engineering Operations team in Bangalore.
What you’ll achieve
The Lab Support Engineer 2 will be responsible for remotely supporting labs containing storage arrays, physical and virtual servers, ToR Ethernet switches, FC SAN switches, and other supporting infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for handling suspected infrastructure and hardware related bugs coming from the development teams. They will handle the issue to resolution, when possible, or work with corresponding teams if the issue requires hands-on intervention or is proven to not be a hardware/infrastructure issue. This involves deep dives into system logs and a strong working knowledge of Linux commands.
- Identify and fix underlying HW, infrastructure, and configuration issues on hosts, storage arrays, network, or SAN (primary responsibility)
- Tracking and documenting reoccurring issues to assist training other team members and working with Engineering to identify product issues
- Creation of scripts to simplify or automate repetitive/on-going tasks
- Host installation, configuration, and zoning
- May be occasionally asked to help support production services in the lab such as LDAP/Active Directory, PXE, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the other team members
- Availability to work in 24x7 shifts
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience as a system administrator in Linux environment (High proficiency working from Linux command line is a must) with Experience in configuring and/or administering SAN storage arrays (Dell EMC preferred)
- Experience zoning on fiber channel switches (Brocade preferred; command line experience preferred)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies - VMware vSphere and Linux Scripting and/or programming knowledge (Bash or Python preferred)
- Experience with automation tools/frameworks is a plus but not required (Ansible preferred)
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus but not required
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world's leading global supplier of technology and se [...]
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Job Detail - Remote/WFH: No - Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - Company: SCIKEY - Type: Contract to Hire (hiring on behalf) - Contract Period: [...]
What would you be doing? Market our top-ranked programs by writing brochures, ebooks, mailers, ad copies and more. Work on positioning our programs/offerings according to the relevant audien [...]
Educational Requirements Bachelor of Engineering A day in the life of an Infoscion • As part of the Infosys delivery team, your primary role would be to provide best fit architectural solutions f [...]