Shell India Markets Private Limited
The current role is primarily in the areas of tax compliance, accounting and reporting for US MDT and the role has been designed for developing and maintaining good working relationships with various stakeholders (including Country Tax teams, Business Controllers and other FO processes).
The role also involves individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as a reviewer of a limited number of high complex/ material legal entities/AoO’s.
It requires very good stakeholder management skills and understanding of Direct tax compliance activity for the US MDT and Group reporting.
Ability to understand, manage and provide oversight of various applications (such as Corptax, ERS, Longview)
along with delivery of training to the team is also integral and a key part to the position.
More specifically, the accountabilities include the following -
Ensure sound HSSE practice in day-to-day work
• Processes and systems
Ensuring Business/process responsibilities and managerial metrics are met;
Identify and carry out where relevant Senior/ Second level reviews of material returns / tax reporting;
Proactively engage in strategizing the MDT process’ systems and data requirements and participate and lead in initiatives for systems and process changes;
Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and provide guidance to enable incorporation of such changes and in the process as may be relevant;
Proactively engage in issues like ownership of Key tax Assumptions, Work Instructions & Training framework and ensuring that the same are kept upto date and robust;
Lead and manage and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities;
Provide steer in prioritization of work engagements, managing team timelines in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and planning resourcing on an ongoing basis.
• CI responsibilities:
Provide steer in identification, prioritization & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets and implementation of projects.
• People and stakeholder management :
Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution with feeder processes/business;
Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed into processes as relevant;
Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
Manage and coach team members operationally/functionally and passionately invest time in developing team members.
• Business Covered for Compliance and Reporting: US
• Financial Databases and Tools : ERS, Longview, Multiple ERPs viz.Blueprint, BG SAP etc.
• Dispute Resolution
• Tax Reporting : Relevant AoOs for the US MDT
• Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with >8 years broad professional experience. Work experience of migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms would be preferable
• Candidate should possess good understanding and ability to guide the team on the following:
-IFRS and Tax Accounting practices within Shell
-Various Control Frameworks and controls in a tax environment
• Working knowledge of various ERP systems used in Shell Group and excellent MS Office skills. Ability to understand architecture of various IT systems and tools and use same to guide team to lead various efficiency (Automation, CI etc) initiatives.
• Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax compliance issues; both written and oral. Ability to coach and impart such skills in the team.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The . NET Developer is a Key role within Inlogic, the Technical Lead will ensure the technology- enabled solutions and components are designed considering the performance, scalability, usability, exte [...]
Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in IT or business. PMP certification or equivalent preferred. 2+ years experience in project management during which a structured approach (methodology) was [...]
Responsible for performance, integrity and security of the database. Responsibilities - Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools - Allocating system storage an [...]
Req. Id: 317 IONIC Hybrid App Developer, 3+ yrs, Chennai Chennai Min Exp: 4 Yrs. Max Exp: 8 Yrs. Apply Email: Next Please wait. You have not uploaded your resume yet. Please upload your latest resume [...]