Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, and we believe this mission has never been more important. It guides work across the company to recognize the enormous opportunity and responsibility to ensure that the technology we create benefits everyone on the planet, as well as benefiting the planet itself.
To fulfill this mission, we are looking for an individual that is passionate about our planet and Sustainability Product Innovation. Microsoft is committed to a more sustainable future backed by a $1B planned spend and carbon emission goals that are unparalleled in the industry.
This work will include synthesizing data across a variety of environmental disciplines and leverage data science to recommend, guide Microsoft in its ambition and help millions of customers and partners of Microsoft to achieve their sustainability goals.
This new role will be an integral part of a new team dedicated to internal and external stakeholder engagement on sustainability.
As part of the Cloud Supply Chain Sustainability (CSCS) team in Azure, we are at the heart of Microsoft’s cloud strategy. This new team is eager to deliver a sustainability platform for our customers & partners by combining science-based approach to climate change with strong engineering culture of delivering platforms and services on Azure using the latest technologies in machine learning, the Internet of Things.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering sustainability data platform that spans structured, unstructured data from heterogenous sources, analytics, insights and recommendations on Azure-hosted cloud services and mobile devices with enterprise scale and security that organizations have come to expect from Microsoft. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a large technology stack, in an open and diverse environment, tackling big and complex challenges, and collaborating with a variety of partners and stakeholders to define the future of sustainability solutions.
You will be delivering results through innovation and persistence when similar candidates have given up.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data from multiple environmental sources, telemetry systems, organize them so that they can be consumed.
- Create self-service experiences for various stake holders. (Examples – Power BI, Power Apps, Email Notifications etc.)
- Develop and deploy data pipelines that form the core of the sustainability platform.
- Develop recommendation systems on how to best achieve sustainability goals and deliver them through the Azure portal or equivalent experiences.
- Create APIs/Libraries/Packages that other systems can use them interact with using one or many programming tools and languages.
- 6+ years of software design and programming experience with languages like C/C++/C#/Java/Python required.
- 4+ years of experience developing applications in the cloud using technologies such as SQL, Kusto, Databricks, Azure ML, Spark etc.
- Candidate would be hypothesis driven, with a passion for data and a bias for action.
- Candidates should be experienced in framing and participating in data-driven business decisions, including measuring, and evaluating outcomes.
- Candidates must be able to communicate complex ideas and concepts to leadership and deliver results.
- Candidates must be comfortable in manipulating and analyzing complex, high dimensional data from varying sources to solve difficult problems.
- The Team player with proven ability to build trusted relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, and meet demanding deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 1-2 years of experience as a team lead in delivering cloud services using Microsoft cloud technologies.
- Experience that spans the full software/service delivery lifecycle – SW engineering, Program Management and Data Science/Engineering.
Experience in delivering insights through data science, AI, or machine learning techniques. E.g., neural networks for NLP, computer vision, etc., random forests and other supervised methods, clustering, PCA, etc.
- 5-7 years of Software Engineering, Data Engineering / Data Science
- 4+ years of experience shipping cloud services
- Bachelors or higher degrees in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related disciplines.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
1. Post: Lead Data scientist 2. Roles and Responsibilities a. NPCI Data Analytics team is looking for a data scientist who will be primarily responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insi [...]
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We plan to achieve this mission by building best-in-class platforms and productivity services [...]
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional and Data Scientist/Analyst, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses aro [...]
Overview: We are the Gen-Next technology solution provider, solving complex business problems. We assist our happy customers across all spectrum to reimagine their business processes and navigate th [...]