At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T;)
is the preferred provider of technologies and innovation across the entire Boeing enterprise. We work across the complete product lifecycle of Boeing's commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles, UAVs, and advanced vehicle prototypes. We provide innovative support for our current and future products and services, act as global scouts for innovative technologies, and solve our customers' most difficult technology challenges. Boeing Research & Technology-India (BR&T-India;) is part of Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC, based in Bangalore) focused on innovation, and developing and transitioning new technologies in support of Boeing products and services.
The Research & Technology Center team in Bangalore has an immediate opening for an Experienced Data Scientist who will develop next generation engineering data analytics methods for aerospace applications. This candidate will co-lead or participate in projects to support the development of engineering solutions to improve aircraft performance, increase the operational efficiency of aircraft fleet operators, improve/optimize the productivity of Boeing operations and manufacturing, simulate aircraft lifecycle scenarios for potential customers. In addition the candidate will support senior members of the team in developing future vision and direction of Boeing’s Research and Technology development in the field of data analytics and its application to diverse areas relevant to Boeing.
- Development of innovative, nonstandard approaches for knowledge discovery and parametric trending of structured and unstructured data and analysis to provide actionable information that improves aircraft and fleet efficiency and performance and helps increase productivity of Boeing engineers.
- Applying approaches such as novel statistical and probabilistic methods, machine learning multivariate analysis, predictive analytics and deep learning techniques to diverse areas such as airplane health management, manufacturing, automation, supply chain and more in order to add value to Boeing products.
- Developing data visualization technique and implement data dashboards to enable interpretable representation of raw data as well as results of analysis. Programming in languages such Python and R as well as developing applications using tools such as Tableau, Power BI.
- Working closely with teams of engineers located in India and in the US.Developing and maintaining relationships / partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- Documenting results of research and development projects, and provide inputs for periodic updates to in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. Tracking and evaluating performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and project requirements.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Be a self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Experience in building and productizing Machine Learning/ Deep Learning models.
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Experience with image preprocessing techniques, such as noise removal and edge detection
- Experience with rigid object recognition and tracking
- Programming experience with: Python, C++, MATLAB
- Demonstrated capability to apply advanced visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI etc
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- 7+ years’ experience in data analytics and machine learning algorithm development and testing
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+7 years' related work experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Job Description Why are we looking for you We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist who is passionate about solving business problems for our clients through the application of [...]
Job Description Market Job Description The successful candidate will play a critical role as data scientist who applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, [...]
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ENGINEERING What We Do At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve [...]
Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity to Be part of a cross functional team that has been tasked to drive a breakthrough reduction in the Cost of Non-Quality (CoNQ) for our Image G [...]