GP Strategies India Pvt Ltd
Based in Chennai, India the Tax Manager will support tax compliance services for GP Strategies operations. The Tax Manager will report the Senior Tax Director based in the UK and will be responsible for providing tax support to the APAC region. In this hands-on role you will manage the regional corporate tax accounting and compliance function, advise the business on a wide range of international tax matters, and liaise with external advisors, and tax authorities. This is a unique opportunity to join a small in-house global team of experienced tax professionals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely tax reporting under US GAAP for APAC, in line with accounting policies (prior experience of US GAAP helpful,
but not essential)
- Manage tax and local statutory tax accounting obligations for a number of subsidiaries within APAC
- Calculation and consolidation of tax accounts for forecasts, quarterly and year-end provisions, and final statutory accounts.
- Identification, quantification, and documentation of any uncertain tax positions in accordance with ASC 740-10 (FIN 48).
- Responsible for corporate income tax, VAT, GST, and other tax compliance obligations and filing requirements, including management of audits which may arise. Specifically:
- VAT/GST and WHT returns and reconciliations to the general ledger
- Revenue reconciliations for GST/VAT reporting purposes
- Foreign withholding tax account general ledger reconciliations
- Corporate income tax returns for a number of jurisdictions within APAC
- Liaise with in-country accountants and external advisors within APAC
- Compilation of year-end tax reporting packages and associated transactional reports
- Cash Tax payments and forecasts
- Provision and coordination of commercially focused tax advice to the businesses, including:
- tax support in respect of business change, acquisitions, expansion and specific transactions
- liaise with US and UK tax leads to provide tax support on strategic matters in region
- address and respond to tax related inquiries from the businesses
- Identification and implementation of commercially acceptable tax planning opportunities, in line with regional tax strategy and the commercial objectives of the Company as well as systems and process improvements for efficient compliance and tax reporting.
- Support transfer pricing policies within APAC, including working with external advisors and global tax and finance teams to prepare and update transfer pricing reports and documentation.
- Ensure tax adherence to SOX 404 and internal control requirements of the Company.
- You have a recognized accounting and/or tax qualification and significant tax experience gained with a leading accountancy firm and/or an in-house multinational tax team. A basic understanding and experience in US GAAP will be beneficial
- You may have a specialism within tax such as indirect tax, withholding tax or possess general all-round tax expertise. All tax disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- You are proficient in accounting/tax provisions and reporting and can demonstrate a problem-solving approach.
- You are an organized and methodical individual, with attention to detail and ability to plan and organize work effectively to deliver against deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator, adopting the most appropriate medium for the situation
- You are comfortable to work independently and as part of team, across borders and functions and able to manage and influence relationships with others in a positive way.
- You have strong commercial skills and ability to translate theory into practice
- You are analytical, innovative, with good research skills
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Is your career affected by Covid-19? Yes No Job Description About the Role This leadership role requires a developed understanding of Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigate [...]
Associate – Strategy & Transactions – Transaction Diligence We help corporate and financial clients meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. Although [...]
Job Description Job Description AM Treasury Looking for candidate with experience in below areas: - Handle receipt, banking and protection of company funds, securities and financial products along [...]
Job Description Job Description Manager Job Description: Candidate should have 10 year of experience into Commercial Loan Servicing, Client Services, Bilateral, Syndications & Corporate Lending Op [...]