Roles and Responsibilities
Desired Candidate Profile
Purpose Driven Career
Spend your days making a difference, not just making a living.
At Galvanize, we help thousands of organizations and governments around the world perform heroic work. We create governance software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse easily and quickly, while having an award-winning culture and environment that rapidly develops employees. With our governance software, weve helped governments identify doctors that falsely diagnose patients for more money, helped organizations detect use of child labour in their supply chain, and jailed government officials that use tax money for their self-benefit. Thats impactful work!
Headquartered in Vancouver,
Canada, with a global presence of over 475 employees, we provide a true multi-tenant, multi-region SaaS platform for our customers to govern more effectively. And as an R&D; member in Galvanize, you will help build our SaaS platform using Serverless AWS technologies while closely partnering with our Product and UX team members to create highly impactful solutions for our customers. We take pride in what we do, so if you want to read more about how we engineer, check out our engineering blog! (https://build.wegalvanize.com/)
Exciting Opportunity Awaits
As a Principal Engineer, you will be architecting and creating robust, scalable, and secure microservices that power our SaaS platform and make governance easy for our customers. Youll have the full power of AWS at your disposal to build Serverless solutions (either brand new, or assisting in migrating services to Serverless), typically in TypeScript. As part of our core governance teams, you and the team will fully own their services (from code to deployment and monitoring), you'll drive the architecture discussions, and regularly demo to the entire department.
What you will do
- Design and implement secure and scalable solutions using AWS Serverless technology
- Develop high quality code (e.g. adhering to SOLID principles) with plenty of tests and observability baked-in.
- Work with different teams and help them in optimizing their development, and delivery experience, so you and the team can be as productive as possible and regularly deploy to production
- Coach and mentor less senior developers, provide guidance on technical designs, and provide constructive code reviews so everyone can grow and learn alongside you
What you need to succeed
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field, with 12-15 years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Strong ability to architect for product requirements and implement them in a simple and efficient manner
- Solid foundation in system architecture, API, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing complex, scalable, fault- tolerant, high-performance microservices for SaaS platform.
- Strive to push forward our Serverless tech vision and are an advocate for engineering best practices
- Experience in technical leadership and guiding other developers to improve product quality and team efficiency.
- Experience working in Agile development and knowledge of Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in providing the solution to various use case/ business problems using various cloud services like AWS, Azure to build enterprise level application.
- Be excited to understand our customers and their problems, so we can improve governance all around the world.
- Experience in creating single page applications with React/Angular and working with backend services using Node JS/Typescript.
Why youll love working here
1. You’ll be working in a Serverless organization that strives to primarily develop solutions in a Serverless fashion on AWS. You can read more here.
2. You’ll be rapidly learning with our structured training programs and our company culture that emphasizes continuous teaching and coaching. You can read more here.
3. You’ll have a high impact in the world by building software that improves the daily experience of employees and citizens all around the world.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
Ready to apply?
Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thanks for your interest!
We invite you to check us out on wegalvanize.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Roles and Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities: - Prototype, design, develop and deploy the software. - Design and develop the product for high performance and scale. - Mentor junior en [...]
Plan, Design and Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test pla [...]
- Principal DFT Engineer - Location :Bangalore / Hyderabad - This position is a permanent position with our client (US Based Semiconductor Product Company with revenue more than 30 Billion [...]
Location : Bangalore / Hyderabad This position is a permanent position with our client (US Based Semiconductor Product Company with revenue more than 30 Billion USD) Principal Engineer, NAND Modelin [...]