IBM India Pvt. Limited
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Linux Administrator, you are responsible for installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning with proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Linux Operating Systems
If you thrive in a dynamic,
collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can
- Involved in crafting, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support UNIX-Linux Server
- Implement Distributed Queuing on various platforms.
- Implement Triggering and work on both Channel and Application Triggering by configuring channel Initiators and Trigger Monitors.
- Implement Clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks.
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in IT Industry
- Mandatory Certification on RHCE & Red Hat Enterprise Linux® Diagnostics and Troubleshooting & Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical,Virtual, and Cloud
- Knowledge on Ansible or openshift, exposure to AWS or Azure (Preferably)
- Scripting Knowledge is must on any of Bash or Python or Perl
- Hands-on EMC PowerPath along with experience in SAN and NAS storage
- Ability to work independently with Vendor to resolve issues ( OS and Hardware) Hands-on knowledge Oracle Disks ( ASM)
- Proficient in HP, IBM Servers and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Incident and Change Management
- Expertise in Linux Cluster configuration and troubleshooting
- Experienced to articulate standard Methodologies for during implementations
- Prior experience in creating SOPs and documentation and Server Hardening
- Solid experience in calculating Risk and solving vulnerabilities
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing, publications
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from experienced developers in the field, our team leads love to mentor
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
"LOOKING FOR NOIDA BASED CANDIDATES ONLY" Job description Person will be the senior most person in our I.T. Department. He himself is expected to be an expert on Windows based servers, IIS, Zimbra [...]
Roles and Responsibilities : Chef Administrator/Developer - Worked as Chef Tool Administrator to perform maintenance and support activities. - Worked on developing cookbooks integrated either w [...]
Associate II Systems Administrator General Job Duties - Provide technical support and problem resolution for complex applications within operating systems. Provide support services to internal [...]
Server Administration EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, Formation Cloud Watch, Load Balancer and CloudFront. Knowledge of deploying solutions on Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Centos Regularly monitor and maint [...]