Shell India Markets Private Limited
IT Services and Operations (ITSO) provides an extensive global portfolio of IT services to Shell. Our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) provide a key tool to monitor services and supplier performance and as such timely, accurate and high-quality reporting data, along with required data analysis is key to ensure ITSO provide secure, reliable and affordable operations and services.
The Data Analyst will be part of the Performance Reporting team which resides in ITSO Strategy and Planning. The incumbent will be accountable to analyze data and produce various types of ITSO Performance Reports and Data Analysis leading to insights. Types of analysis and reporting ranges from services,
supplier service level performance (including financial penalties) and satisfaction surveys. These data analysis based insights enable ITSO to track its performance, quality of service delivery and highlight improvement areas.
The Data Analyst will work closely with multiple teams that involve many players; mainly across ITSO, key suppliers as well as with the different businesses and functions to obtain/gather the right information and ensure a high level of data quality in the reported or analyzed insights output.
- Consolidate and analyze ITSO performance data to identify trends, underlying issues, services or service aspects in need of improvements and proposing appropriate remediation to the relevant ITSO teams.
- Prepare and present accurate and insightful ITSO performance reports and/or dashboards/ insights to enable effective, informed management decision making.
- Performance Data Analysis: includes pulling data from various parties, sources (like Business Objects, Data warehouses, and other required tools), data consolidation, data formatting, data validation, reporting and most importantly Data Analysis.
- Data engineering and Data analysis are two activities the individual needs to contribute to with relevant experience with market standard tooling knowledge.
- Drive insight generation by independently collating data, analyzing data, building models, using statistics and several data analysis techniques.
- Should be able to comprehend data, use market standard techniques to build analytical models to arrive at insights.
- From a user experience journey standpoint, should be able to leverage ServiceNow data and PowerBI to generate insights.
- Proactively work with key stakeholders and/or suppliers to ensure requirements for reporting are identified, implemented and embedded in a standard way.
- Review current standards and methodologies and offer suggestions on ways to improve. Examine and evaluate purpose and content of reports to develop new or optimize existing reports.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards and procedures.
- Ensure the relevant Performance Reporting website is updated and remains an effective communication channel.
- Assist the team lead or senior analysts in special projects as and when needed.
Dimensions and special Challenges
- No direct reports.
- Taking ownership of responsibility without waiting for direction.
- Working in a global, virtual environment with key stakeholders and culturally diverse team members requires a great deal of flexibility and understanding.
- Managing multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests.
- Collaboration with either multiple stakeholders in various organizations or with key suppliers.
- Delivering through others with no direct authority.
Mandatory Qualifications and Skills
- 5-8 years of total experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in Service Level Management, Management Information and/or Analytics roles.
- Good data management using Excel. Knowledgeable in basic Formulas, Macros, Charts, Pivot, Vlookup, Data Validation, Conditional Formatting etc.
- Proficient use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Power BI.
- Exposure to ServiceNow reporting.
- Proficient and experience in SQL programming required.
- Expertise to Azure data platform components: Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Data Factory, Data bricks, SQL PAAS
- Proven experience delivering timely, high quality, manager-level reporting and analysis from diverse data sources.
- Strong stakeholder, interpersonal relationship, and negotiation skills.
- A self-starter with good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels in the organization and across different geographies.
- Attention to detail a must, with focus on quality and accuracy.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with appropriate priority and strong time management skills.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Flexible about work content and enthusiastic to learn.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Data Analytics.
- Prior experience in consolidating and presenting performance metrics.
- R programming, Python & Data bricks.
- Jscript, SQL Programming & USQL experience.
- Power BI, Alteryx(optional),
- Experience in applications support and support processes, specifically ITIL.
- Azure data platform components: Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Data Factory, SQL PAAS
- Experienced in Data Analytics concepts and its implementation, focusing on business value
- Experienced in using R, Python, Data bricks programming language. Should be proficient in building predictive and analytics models.
- Textual and Sentimental analysis exposure and experience in building models.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description ABOUT THE JOB Modelling analyst build forecasting models that help client understand the impact of their marketing strategy. Your insight will drive decisions to top compani [...]
Analytics job opportunity in Bangalore for a professional holding at least 5years experience in Web Analytics, A/B Testing and Optimization. You will be using many of the tools in the Adobe Marketing [...]
Hiring, Specialist - Analytics ( Data Analyst ), 5-8yrs Purpose of the Role You will be expected to take a leading role in developing the Analytics capabilities for our businesses. This will inv [...]
Urgent oppurtunity for multiple requirements for Nordea projects for Bangalore and Mumbai location. Expereince 3+ Years. Teradata, Snowflake Mainframe Java Datastage Devops & Java [...]