Role and Responsibilities
The General Manager for NFTI (FTO) is responsible for managing the operations, resources and budget of a Flight Training Organization (FTO) site, balancing cost efficiency and growth initiatives, whilst delivering safe and high quality flight training. This position is required to oversee the full remit of management of the flight school keeping in mind the productivity and profitability in conjunction with delivering quality training, upholding the customer experience and the safety of cadets and staff. He/she will ensure this is done through strong team work, close collaboration with the global FTO network and corporate departments, and provides leadership by example to staff and customers.
The General Manager will report directly to the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise, manage and coach the Management Team of NFTI, inspiring leadership agility, promoting teamwork and driving performance
• ‘Lead by example’ by displaying exemplary leadership to managers and employees
• Collaborate with HR Business Partner to implement key people strategy initiatives to improve performance, culture and engagement at NFTI
• Directs and supports/facilitates the management direct reports and their department activities consisting of technicians, aviation trainers, professionals, and support staff
• Deploy and streamline all necessary procedures and processes, and ensure compliance to CAE policies, procedures and processes
• Responsible for driving the Performance Management process and ensuring compliance with timeline and high quality content
• Oversee the full operational remit of CAE Oxford to drive and improve efficiency in all areas of the FTO including productivity, quality and safety in the best possible way
• Seek innovative methods to improve the FTO operations, quality of training products, standards and overall profitability and share those actively with CAE management
• Ensure centre compliance with all applicable aviation and non-aviation related regulations, customer contracts and internal CAE global policies
• Delivers regularly updated management information and metrics in collaboration with the different departments in the FTO to enable fact based decision making
• Has the responsibility to direct the FTO within the scope of the agreed budget and meet the budgeted targets (productivity, SOI and cost).
• Delivers input for the FTO budget and forecasting of results.
• Collaborate with Finance Analyst and seek guidance from Head of Finance for India to better understand the financial impact of key initiatives to improve financial performance at NFTI, Gondia.
• Pro-actively assists in needs analysis for equipment and manpower (FTO production plan) in close coordination with HR, Management and Finance.
Safety and Quality :
• Responsible for promotion and execution of the Safety Management System and Quality System and for the integration of safe behaviour and quality management in everyday operation
• Act as role model by behaving as an exemplary example to employees and students promoting professional, disciplined and safe behaviour
• Establish and maintain a customer focused mindset to ensure delivery of high levels of customer satisfaction
• Ensures efficient and high-quality Training delivery in line with customer contracts.
• Supporting the development and execution of local marketing & sales activities to increase student intake levels and overall revenue for the FTO
Managing Director, India and the Board of Directors when applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Proficient in CAE Values (Empowerment / Integrity / Excellence / Innovation and One CAE) and Leadership Attributes, and able to display or discuss:
o High energy level and entrepreneurial flair
o Decisive thinker, decision maker and able to challenge superiors in professional manner
o Positive attitude, motivational, inspirational and fun o Critical attention to detail, analytic skills and conceptual thinking
o Be resilient and adaptable (both in attitude and approach to changing circumstances)
o Display Listening skills and be a strong communicator o Demonstrate growth mindset capability
o Cultural awareness and experience interacting with a diversified clientele
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Graduate in an operational, manufacturing, technical or aviation business discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in managing a business with budget responsibility in a commercial environment
• Minimum of 5- 10 years’ experience in working with and managing a team of professionals is required
• Experience in airline operations and/or flight training organization is desirable
• Knowledge of DGCA aviation regulations is required.
COMPLEXITY AND CREATIVITY – PROBLEM SOLVING
• Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly
• Exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret and/or build policy in situations where considerable variation or interpretation is possible
• Develops solutions to complex issues where broad, long range and organization-wide vision is necessary
• Focuses on directing team members in order to resolve broad issues
• Uses sound negotiation skills to resolve impasses
• Proactive and Reactive problem solver with focus on resolution within tight time constraints
JUDGEMENTS AND DECISIONS
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure
• This role requires mature judgement and use of precedent and a wide range of learned skills.
• Comfortable making / taking decisions and recommendations without formal guidelines or precedents if necessary
GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION AND MOBILITY
• Local full time position within the flight school at Gondia
• Openness to travel across the country and for occasional meetings if required
CONTACTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
• Significant external contact and communication with all levels of Airline Customers and Partners, students and parents of students and aviation authorities
• Regular friendly and professional internal communication with all levels of staff
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE" (one passionate and inclusive team), we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description We have urgent openings for the position of Branch Manager with most of the leading life Insurance Companies in Banca Vertical. Job Description:- - Manager - Bancassurance w [...]
Bajaj company required for candidate fresher can apply Qualification 8/10/12 diploma graduation post graduation All type job vacancies 8 th helper 11300 10 th quality checker 13200 12 th Store ke [...]
TATA MOTORS PVT LTD HIRING CANDIDATE FOR OFFICE AND WORK FROM HOME JOB APPLY FAST All facilities will provide company Facilities are..Living - Fooding - Medical - Bonus - Leave - Insurance - Mobile [...]
Job Description Handling Nomination Shipments. Pricing of freight with various liner Preparing labels & shipping documents Maintain close working relationships with the Customer Service, Ope [...]