In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage high impact, complex transfer projects that enables Philips to reduce risk, improve profitability, align with Philips’ strategic supply base and optimize supply chain flexibility. The primary function within this role is to execute engineering activities through the course of fast-paced, high quality transfer projects.
You will be responsible for driving meaningful and innovative product development, generating ideas/concepts in feature development to improve quality and reduce cost, as well as performing the role of a technical lead in taking the product development through manufacturing release while transferring products between suppliers.
You are responsible for
- Work with project management in project funneling, project scoping, conduct technical & project risk assessment, make & buy decisions, implementation planning & ensure right competence requirement to execute the project.
- Analyze project ideas regarding realization options; evaluate impact on running projects
- Developing mechanical & electrical architecture and modular platforms, Ensuring the mutual consistency and efficient integration of various modules, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification
- Ensuring Reliability and Serviceability requirements of the system / subsystem / components for a supply base transfer project. Ensuring that the proposed architectural changes due to DFA/DFM would have the safety and reliability features build in
- Develop alternate manufacturing technology for casting, plastics, surface treatment, forging, extrusion, Packaging & productionizable 3D printing parts for meet larger objective of cost saving and supply base consolidation.
- Develop center of excellence for various modalities such as PCB, Embedded Systems, Cabling, Higher Level Assemblies, Packaging, Software coding. Manufacturing process for plastic, casting, machining, surface coating etc.
- Develop go-to supplier strategy database, benchmarking based on technical product complexity in-line with technology, supplier analysis & spend management.
- Supplier process development, supplier auditing & work with supplier in developing new manufacturing methodology and application.
- Support supplier workshops for brainstorming and cost reduction initiatives.
- Review and support cost & effort estimation for supplier project planning.
- Drive Product Life Cycle Management, Design Change Process based on business need
- Develop, Maintain & Audit Quality Management System in-line with various Business Units
- Controlling and verifying that the mechanics is build according to the architecture.
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines
- Delegates, coaches and verify the implementation by Designers/Engineers.
- Drive cluster level synergy on best practices for product quality
- Responsible for effort estimation and inputting for Program planning
- Define subsystem architecture under considerations of platform constraints
- Working closely with all the other team members both R&D; team members (Like Systems, Verification, Norm compliance etc..) and cross functional stakeholders (Like Service, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Clinical etc…) for the projects
- Develop common test fixture/jig and test bench platforms. Provide test automation & coding support
- Support on hiring plan, technology mapping & team composition plan for future project funnels
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/Preferred Skills:
- Master/Bachelor in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics engineering with 14+ years of experience
- Expertise in design techniques, application domain and engineering. Keeps it up-to-date and propagates it, both internal and external.
- Ability to technically lead a team with a Domain Expertise in Machine Design, Manufacturing process, Materials selection, Value Engineering
- Analytical, creative, and intellectual thinker, with ability to perform mechanical design calculations & verify designs
- Good Knowledge of Manufacturing processes while designing.
- Excellent command on, skills like Reliability measures, DFSS (Design for Six Sigma), Risk Analysis, DFMEA, DFM, GD & T, Tolerance Stack up Analysis etc.
- Lateral thinker with bird’s eye view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems.
- Is capable to introduce new technologies and efficiency improvements on group level (change management)
- Knowledge of and experience in hardware/software interfaces, understanding of cross functional operations
- Exposure to work on global environment, ability to communicate on different levels, good listener, coach and guide project team, with good presentation skills
- Working knowledge of CAD & FEA Tools like ProE / SolidWorks / Windchill / Ansys Classic / Ansys Workbench will be added advantage
- Exposure to International Medical Quality and Regulatory Standards e.g. IEC, FDA, CFR, MDD, UL, CE, CSA, BIS etc. will be added advantage
- Experience in the field of Medical Devices product design e.g. X-Ray Machines, Ultrasonic Machines, Mammography etc. will be added advantage
- In return, we offer you a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Knowledge of IEC 60601 standards is preferred
- Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
- System thinking mindset and domain expertise in the related area
- Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members
- Be structured and self-organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, leadership skills and drive for results
- Quality mindset in design and documentation
- Intercultural sensitivity
In return, we offer you
- A rewarding career in Philips with attractive package. `
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Requirements The Laboratory Incharge is responsible for the overall function of QUALITY ASSURANCE and all aspects of QC laboratory to include day to day management of daily lab requirements and [...]
FJ10- Azure Admin � Collaborate with Customers, Account Managers, Developers, Project managers and business analysts in conceptualizing, designing and developing new applications, modules and enhanc [...]
FJ11- Azure Solution Architect - Responsibilities- � Defining and delivering the architectural and engineering principles to the account and wider Fujitsu business. � Defining and delivering the a [...]
Job Requirements The Laboratory Incharge is responsible for the overall function of QUALITY ASSURANCE and all aspects of QC laboratory to include day to day management of daily lab requirements an [...]