Fidelity is investing in its Enterprise Architecture team with the purpose to serve the needs of Fidelity by enabling the Business, Technology and Data strategies to flourish to realise the targeted business opportunities and value. Enterprise Architecture operates across the business and domain portfolios.
Overall, the function’s aim is to:
- Unite Business, Technology and Data strategies in business & technology roadmap
- Provide strategic thought-leadership for Fidelity
- Align innovation with strategy and business need
- Commission key strategy change and drive adoption.
- Ensure efficient use of change investment leading to maximum business value return
- Operate across technical,
organisation and process challenges to drive design of enterprise solutions.
- Instigate and direct Delivery’s regulatory and compliance engagement, verifying success through governance checks
- Educate technology and business on solutions and technologies that are relevant for the strategies
Purpose of the Role
As a Solution Architect supporting the Workplace and Personal Financial Health businesses, you will play a key role working with business leaders, Product Owners and Technology teams within Fidelity International on a number of programs, to facilitate and lead the definition of viable Technology platforms and solutions. You will have a particular alignment to Fidelity International’s Workplace Investing business portfolio.
Working alongside the business proposition and the Technology product teams and utilising your experience of working with Financial Services technologies, modular service design and cloud architectures, you will need to design, define and deliver the end to end technology solution to service an increasingly global business proposition.
You will be required to effectively influence and assist key stakeholders, support multiple change initiatives and oversee and drive communication streams within and across change programmes. A willingness to take on new challenges, collaborate and share knowledge freely with colleagues globally is also critical to success.
This role will face off to senior stakeholders in the organisation so the successful candidate will therefore be personable, articulate and have strong facilitation skills to help take initiatives forward..
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organisation's targeted customer outcomes.
- Accountable for developing a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state, as defined by the solutions architecture.
- Analyse the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
Lead & Communicate
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Working with the business unit or domain architect, analyse the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a range of projects, working closely with domain architects that manage the architecture for a shared aspect of the architecture.
- Define necessary local principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Identify the organisational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Design and lead the implementation of solution architecture across a group of specific products, business applications and technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the PMO to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
- Work with designers, engineers and developers in a global delivery model to ensure that low level designs are consistent with the specified architecture.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Familiarity with software architecture (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF) and software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, DSDM, RUP, Waterfall)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to work with low-level designers, engineers and developers in a global delivery model
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description about the role Architect, develop, and maintain an innovative test automation system for the organization. Work closely with the application architect to develop a solid testing [...]
Job Description Enterprise Technical Architect (SAP & CLOUD) Position ID : 57407147 Location: Gurgaon Employment Type: Permanent Responsibilities will include: Total 8 years of IT expe [...]
We won't track your information when you decline. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again. Do you [...]
We won't track your information when you decline. But in order to comply with your preferences, we'll have to use just one tiny cookie so that you're not asked to make this choice again. What w [...]