The Technology function within the Technology, Finance and Investment Admin department provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance, legal, marketing and customer service functions. The broader organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the firm relies on to operate on a day to day basis including data centre, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
The Technology team has been structured as virtual teams created around business verticals.
The various virtual teams aligned to each business provide strategic IT direction and programme execution to support Fidelity’s businesses in the UK, Asia Pacific and continental Europe. The virtual team is headed by the local Head of Delivery and supported by a dedicated delivery team and various other teams e.g. Enterprise Architecture and Technology Infrastructure Services
Purpose of the Role
The Technical Specialist – AIS Scheduling will be responsible for providing Level-2 and Level-3 technical and project support services for the FIL wide enterprise. Typically, this will include supporting the Control-M Application and connected supporting technologies. This involves identifying production / pre-production issues before they occur, working on incidents, problems tickets, service requests and change related activities
Role involve Project & BAU teams to assist in resolving critical issues. The successful candidate will also deliver strategic improvements and work with TIS & EA teams in achieving the core engineering group objectives. This position will suit an individual who enjoys working in an energised environment with a culture of teamwork and open communication.
This role demands exceptional technical skills and to collaborate among team and have 360-degree approach to work in DevOps operations. The role involves working as a member of a global team with a follow the sun model.
The successful candidate will also contribute to engineering roadmaps, deliver strategic improvements and work with TIS and Enterprise Architecture teams in achieving the core engineering group objectives
The role will involve providing 24x7 support as part of a team rota and some weekend working
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Control-M Migration/Upgrade and Deployment pipeline, Automation API
- Service Management of the Control M product suite for varios lines of business
- Support the team in provisioning, deployment and monitoring of the system and components. You are the bridge between your team and the Infrastructure team and help to automate the CI/CD pipeline
- Excellent understanding and troubleshooting skill of all Control-M component (EM/Server/agent and Modules)
- Control-M Workload Archiver experience.
- Support the release of new code and artefacts to environments during business and non-business hours.
- Rapid response to / and escalation of high severity incidents
- Proactive issue detection / service monitoring
- Service restoration subsequent to any unanticipated outages / disruptions
- Incident management, root cause analysis, problem determination and resolution
- Provision of technical support on a shift / on call / rotational basis
- Escalation as necessary to secure assistance / technical guidance from other Technology teams
- Support and planning of infrastructure upgrades and patching
- Automation and process improvement
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Ability to coach team members in supported technologies and processes
Experience and Qualifications Required
A minimum of 7 - 9 years of real work experience in a complex application infrastructure support environment.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, patching and maintaining on a scalable and high performing infrastructure in support of business processing requirements.
- Responsible for framework maintenance, development and enhancements. Candidate should have excellent knowledge of scripting and enhancements.
- Candidate should have knowledge to automate the reporting to govern the scheduling Environments.
- Control-M migration/Upgrade experience.
- Control-M Automation API integration with CI/CD tools Jenkins/Ansible/Github
- Control-M HA and DR solution design and maintenance experience.
- Configuration of Control-M Archiver
- Control-M Agent module Webservice, DB , Informatica , SAP , AFT ,Filewatcher
- Control-M LDAP Configuration using SSL and Security.
- SSL Configuration between Control-M Component (CTM Server to Agent, EM to Client )
- Grasp of containerization and orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Interest in cloud solutions. Experience with one or more public cloud providers like AWS,Azure or GCP
- Broad understanding of major Operating Systems including RHEL, AIX, Solaris and Windows.
- An understanding of Database technologies.
- Shell/Python/PERL script development experience.
- Ansible experience is mandatory for this role.
Education: University graduate in a relevant subject.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Proactively support the Turnitin product line via primarily email, (sometimes phone), ensuring problem resolution, system access, and optimal system performance. Triage all cases th [...]
Job Description Hours of work - shift rotation - 4 days working 8am to 8pm, 4 days off, 4 days working 8pm to 8am, 4 days off. Then repeat Proactively support the Turnitin product line via primaril [...]
Job Description As a senior programmer, resource will analyse business and technical designs/processes and using mainframe programming language and technologies, he will write code, complete programm [...]
Job Description – Claims Business UAT Position Title: Associate/Sr Associate/Specialist Function, Responsibility Level: Operations, Associate Reports to (Responsibility Level): Assistant Mana [...]