The Institutional DC business comprises of Fidelity’s institutional business units in the UK and other parts of Europe and is a strategic area targeted for growth over the coming years. Systems have been acting as the key enablers for the business in achieving their goals. There are several upcoming Iarge and complex institutional projects, e.g. Strategy, PV Migration, and SCV which have been approved as part of the Strawman and require Java as a key skill set. As part of this drive, we need to fill an open position in India with Java skill set.
The Technology function provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally.
These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance, legal, customer service and marketing functions. The broader technology organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the firm relies on to operate on a day to day basis including data centre, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
Purpose of your role
The vacancy is for a highly motivated and experienced Technical Architect who will be responsible for end to end Solution Architecture and delivery of software products (systems, applications and platforms) for use by FIL’s Workplace Investing (WI) business and consumers. We define a product as a single or group of software applications that collectively and exclusively serve a unique business capability e.g. our global trade execution platform is a product serving the trading needs of our funds. This definition encompasses the current and future views of the business needs and also the existing and newer/better technology solutions to those needs.
The successful candidate is expected to drive multiple technology transformation initiatives as well as support multiple projects to enhance existing, and develop new components, across Web, services, Data, reporting & analytics, RKP and Data integration tiers of the architecture. The candidate will provide technology leadership and direction covering solution architecture, application architectures, non-functional concerns, develop product roadmaps, drive business case preparations, high and low level estimations and establish a strong governance and review culture from architecture perspective. He would be working on technologies centred on Amazon Web Services, PaaS based Micro services ,Relational (Oracle) and NoSQL stores, Data integration and analytics (ETL, Apache Kafka, Spark, Hadoop etc.).
As such, the role requires a high level of flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as lead and influence a high capability team of tech leads and architects. He would be required to provide solutions encompassing broader organisational objectives with a longer term and end to end perspective and ensure a balance between tactical decisions and the debts arising thereof.The Role requires ability to carve out technical solution clarity, lead problem solving space by example and work under pressure.Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential to communicate effectively and appropriately to both business users and systems colleagues at all levels.
This demanding role requires close working with colleagues in the UK offices, would perfectly suit a dynamic individual looking to work in a fast paced environment to ensure the smooth running of business critical systems
- Work with solution architects, product architects, distinguished engineers, Business Analysts and Tech leads to implement the best solutions for complex problems
- Work on development projects (analysis, estimation, business case ,development, unit and integration testing etc.) requiring changes to services and components across tiers
- Enforce strong Tech review processes and DevOps culture and practices
- Provide mentoring and guidance to fellow team members on the Architecture, design and solution aspects.
- Provide regular updates and reporting to project managers/leads
- Highlight risks and issues in a prompt and timely manner and give clear and concise details of resolutions
- Interact with consumers to understand their problems, provide solutions (Strategic and Tactical both)
- Produce technical documentation to programs and team members involved.
- Enforce system knowledge continuum through knowledge sharing culture and practice.
- Ownership of problems from first notification through to resolution
- Identify problem areas, tech debts proactively and escalate where necessary.
- Deploy Agile delivery methods, eXtreme programming, elastic infra/Cloud preference, micro-services enabled APIs and 12-factor app principles, working in a largely DevOps culture, to deliver great products
- Ensure adherence to change management processes and assist in facilitating the ongoing review and enhancement of these processes.
- Enforce development quality standards in delivery cycles
- Facilitate intelligent risk taking and use every mistake as a team learning opportunity. Encourage people to think out of the box and challenge norms smartly without diluting quality and controls in the production environment
- Lead by example and earn the respect of your team – use principles from ‘servant-leader’ concept.
- Be the senior counsel in the department and contribute materially into other departmental and organisational initiatives
Experience and Qualifications
- BE / B-Tech / MCA / Any Graduate .
- Overall 10-14 years’ of hands on experience in Solution architecture/Technical Architecture space involving complex Integration and transformation programs using AWS services , Micro services, Databases like Oracle and NoSQL/SOA, EAI (Informatica, MQ, WMB) tools and Big data technologies.
- Strong Experience in Demand Driven Application development using Java/NodsJS, Python.
- Experience in developing Solution Architectures, Application Architectures and Product Roadmaps
- Strong working experience in AWS services like S3, EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, API Gateway, StepFunctions, Lambda, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, X-ray, IAM, KMS and security aspects around these components.
- Good working experience delivering enterprise applications across technology stacks like modern programming languages (Java, Python etc), Integration technologies (MQ, WMB), Data (Oracle, Informatica, DB2, Cassandra, MongoDB etc), Cloud (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure etc) and DevOps tools (Splunk, NewRelic, Geneos etc)
- Strong experience in Relational Databases, PL/SQL, DWH and BI concepts, Exposure to Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Apache Spark & Kafka.
- Exposure to modern Development Methodologies like “Test Driven Development”/” BDD” , XP, Pair programming, Agile
- Experience of using source code management tools such as SVN/’Git
- Good Understanding of Data structures, Good Diagnostic and analytical skills
- Application development tools and frameworks like maven, ant, check style, PMD, fortify, junit, fitnesse, SONAR, SOAP UI, REST Assured/Fitneese etc.
- Display a flexible attitude, be able to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Operate largely independently, with minimal guidance and monitoring. Proven ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Be able to work with people across geographies, understanding the cultural differences and be flexible to travel for short trips as well as flexible work timings
- Good communication, influencing & negotiation skills. Self-motivated, flexible, responsible, and a penchant for quality
- Good working experience in developing web applications using AngularJS/ ReactJS/VueJS frameworks.
- TOGAF or any other Architecture certification
- Exposure to the Finance/Mutual Fund industry would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player
- Ability to work at a strategic and tactical level
- Ability to convey strong messages in a polite but firm manner
- Self-motivation is essential, should demonstrate commitment to high quality design and development.
- Ability to develop & maintain working relationships with a number of stakeholders.
- Flexibility and an open attitude to change.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally, and to think with a medium term and long term perspective
- Ability to learn and quickly get familiar with a complex business and technology environment
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Role & Responsibilities: - Functional Requirement Gathering, Gap-Fit Analysis, Design Document, Data Migration, Execute User Acceptance Test, Training to End Users, Final Data Migration, Go Live an [...]
Roles and Responsibilities: - Should be an understanding and analyzing the business processes of Client, Communications with clients for better understanding of process. - Need to make Designing [...]
Job Description OTT,,Video,Streaming,Video,CMS,Rokuapps,Wowza,Kaltura,LMS,Music streaming,Image processing in Java 5. Knowledge of HTML5 video player development and player analytics is a strong plus [...]
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities Min work exp: 8 years of software development and 5 years of Salesforce application development. Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces. [...]