The Technology function provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, investment, compliance, finance, legal, marketing and customer service functions. The broader organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the firm relies on to operate on a day to day basis including data centre, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
Purpose of your role
As a Cloud Engineer you will play a key role on a global programme working with senior Business leaders,
Product Owners and Technology teams within Fidelity International to deliver a new technology platform to support Fidelity International’s wealth management aspirations.
Working alongside the business proposition team and the technology architects you will need to utilise your experience of working in cloud platform engineering to assist with the engineering aspects, design, definition, exploration and delivery of an end to end solution to service a scaling global Wealth Management business.
The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of working in an Agile environment using Agile tools and techniques, cloud architecture knowledge, Networking knowledge, DevOps toolchains with good skillsets on Python and Unix scripting. You will have experience working with full scale Scrum or Kanban and be a competent user of Jira and Confluence.
You must have a passion for delivering high quality and scalable solutions with a continued focus on the customer need. You should be both willing to challenge and to be challenged on where things can be improved and are comfortable working alongside other engineers in a pair programming environment.
You will be required to effectively influence and assist key stakeholders, support the formation of a new team and commence delivery of a largely greenfield solution. A willingness to take on new challenges, collaborate and share knowledge freely with the global team is also critical to success.
This position requires a strong self-starter with solid technical engineering background and influencing skills, who can lead the way, assist development teams with architecture, cloud best practices, troubleshooting and any other technical issues related to implementation of a customer facing proposition.
- Responsible for delivering and providing technical expertise as part of the engineering team from both design and day to day coding.
- Working with the product owners identify new improvements, customer requirements and follow through to delivery.
- Ensure delivery in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Stakeholder management across various Technology and Business teams.
- Ensures that technical solutions are fit for purpose, including for functional, non-functional and support requirements and aligned to Global Technology Strategies.
- Be the trusted advisor to the business.
- Partner closely with Architecture, business and supporting central groups while working within a global team.
Experience and Qualifications Required
The ideal candidate will have 6 to 9 years’ experience working as a software engineer with:
- Experience in software delivery in agile methodologies.
- Deep Knowledge of AWS and its various services, primarily EC2, VPC, IAM, Serverless offerings, RDS, R53, CloudFront
- Deep Knowledge of UNIX system architecture
- Strong hold on networking core concepts
- Deep Knowledge and understanding of Serverless Architecture and AWS offering in the area
- Comfortable and strong command on Terraform and/or CloudFormation – Core concepts and hands-on writing
- Hands-on experience with Unix Scripting, Python
- Hand-on experience with CI-CD tools – Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Good experience with containers technologies will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of APIs, caching and messaging
- Majoring in at least one of the programming languages/frameworks; Java, Go, NodeJS & Python.
- TDD and pair programming best practise with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Passion for growing your skills and, tackling challenging problems
- Work in a setup that is unique and cutting edge in the industry. With fully automated CI/CD setup and multiple releases every day during business hours, that resulting in total number of releases amounting to thousands in a year, you will get to see and learn from a truly agile working style.
- Chance to work in an ecosystem where technical and engineering mastery / craftsmanship is cherished and supported.
- Excellent opportunity to work and learn with highly energised technical and engineering community; creating an environment of collaborative learning, sharing and positive challenge.
- Work in highly meritocratic set-up where excellence is suitably enabled, supported and rewarded.
- Ability to work on mission critical, enterprise grade financial services systems which support millions of customers.
- Exposure to work towards our technical strategy which has taken on the challenge of relentless simplification, cloud onboarding, modern technologies and ways of working/problem solving.
- Organisation offers dedicated career path for hands on technical experts / technocrats which is rooted on technical/engineering excellence (and not getting compromised by people / team / product management constructs).
- We give you an excellent opportunity to engineers to speak for their own work, learn / participate in external/internal forums.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The role The Wintel Engineer position at SoftwareONE Gurgaon, India represents a key area in the organization s ability to keep pace with the IT needs of Internal Users, Direct Customers, Partn [...]
Job Description Perform network design/optimization activities under technical supervision. What will your job look like? Perform 2G/3G/LTE/VoLTE/5G network optimization and drive test analysi [...]
Job Description Job Description: This position is for the AdsManager application. We are looking for a senior Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of [...]