Fidelity Systematic Investing (FSI) brings together our systematic capabilities across Quant, Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset to deliver solutions to clients. Building a common infrastructure and operating platform to respond to the changing industry landscape and evolving client needs while leveraging Fidelity’s research platform. Specifically, the team delivers:
- Access to the full Fidelity alpha generation platform: our portfolios reflect the views from our fundamental research, quantitative research and trading teams.
- A systematic portfolio construction process built on robust quantitative tools, ensuring a precise, risk controlled and cost aware positioning.
- A high degree of flexibility in portfolio construction. Due to the systematic nature of our process we can design with the right balance of alpha and customization to client requirements.
Investment Research Support department is based out of two locations - Gurgaon, India and Dalian, China. The department provides research support (building financial models, maintaining industry databases and conducting Industry and company analysis) to all FIL Equity and Credit analysts and select Portfolio Managers. This allows analyst teams to cover a higher number of stocks/credits, respond faster to corporate developments, dig deeper into investment issues, and manage coverage gaps. Additionally, the team has Data intelligence capabilities which have allowed FIL Research to build proprietary data series, add analysis layer over Research IT tools and do custom quant work for analysts and PMs. The team is also looked upon as a talent nursery for sourcing future Fidelity Analysts.
Purpose of your role
The job involves providing comprehensive research support to FIL’s Quantitative and Systematic Investments team, including model building and maintenance, running of quant models (optimizers, simulation tools, etc.) via regular batch-runs, checking model outputs and results and perform diagnostics, handling bespoke client requests, conducting data analysis for new research projects, enhancing existing models, automation and efficiency building, etc. The role will function in a highly integrated way with the UK based Quant team and will require keeping abreast with the cutting edge developments in areas of Quantitative Finance Research. Apart from expertise in Quantitative techniques and tools, the person should have a good understanding of equity and fixed income instruments, derivatives and their markets and the broader financial research process.
- Work with Quantitative Analysts across all stages of model development, i.e. exploratory data analysis, pre-processing, implementation, deployment and execution, and maintenance using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Running and checking model outputs, performing model diagnostics, and conducting basic edits (if required) keeping in mind quantitative workings of the model and the underlying economic logic.
- Processing client requests involving customizing and running existing models and bespoke analysis.
- Performing data analysis for new research projects
- Documentation, migration (to Python or another relevant platform) and enhancement of legacy quant models using current industry best-practices.
- Utilize machine learning/deep learning techniques to extract signals from alternative/unstructured data, to be used as input to quant/systematic models.
- Develop dashboards and visualizations to improve interpretability and transparency of models and methodologies.
- Develop automation scripts in Python/R/SQL/VBA to improve the efficiency of existing models and business processes.
- Stay current on industry developments and academic research trends to maintain ongoing business awareness and a competitive edge.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills backed up by academic credentials with a post-graduate qualification in Statistics/Mathematics/Finance/Engineering (i.e. Masters or PhD ideally from top tier Technology/Applied Sciences Institutions).
- Prior experience of 1-5 years as a Quantitative Researcher/Quantitative Developer or other similar industry-roles.
- CFA, FRM, and CQF certifications will be good to have additional qualifications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to write production-quality code in Python; exposure to to R or MATLAB would be good to have.
- Good understanding of Capital Markets, instruments & their derivatives preferably spanning multiple asset-classes (at least two or more out of Equity, Fixed Income, FX, Rates & Commodities).
- Knowledge of core statistical and econometric techniques with experience in their implementation.
- Experience in using advanced statistical methods include machine learning through packages such as sci-kit-learn, and TensorFlow is a plus.
- Proficient with some financial database such as Bloomberg, FactSet or Datastream.
- Working knowledge of SQL & VBA for data extraction and automation.
- Working knowledge of visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Excellent relationship management and strong communication and presentation skills.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Exp : 0 to 5 years Skills : Data processing, MIS, team leader, client handling, customer support experience Maintaing and tracking KPI Maintaining MIS Coordinate with Project Manager [...]
Automobile Industry is fast gwowing industry as per servey. Fresh And Exp. as well Candidates can APPLY for all Posts In Required: - 10th, 12th, Graduate, MBA, Degree Holder , Diploma, ITI Req [...]
Looking for 4th or 5th year students Job Types: Full-time, Internship Benefits: - Work from home Schedule: - Flexible shift Work Remotely: - Yes [...]
Job Summary: Providing a combination of research and analysis, the analyst will execute research projects, with a focus on secondary research, to identify insights that power distinctive pieces of th [...]